Used Ripp supercharger

WJCO

Meme King
I wouldn't buy a used supercharger. I might but a used turbo, if I can actually check the bearings for play, make sure fins aren't sanded, and there's no sludge built up in the oil feed. But this would be for a non-Jeep application.

JeepJeep75

Think about why this person is selling their beloved super charger in the first place. Do you really want somebody's broken dream?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly to do it right you have to do way more than just bolt on a blower. New head bolts, springs, usually forged pistons to deal with the stronger compression, etc. I have seen a few blown head gaskets due to the higher pressure

Krystianjk

Honestly to do it right you have to do way more than just bolt on a blower. New head bolts, springs, usually forged pistons to deal with the stronger compression, etc. I have seen a few blown head gaskets due to the higher pressure
so the kit wouldn't be enough? out of curiosity why do they suck offroad?

J

JKDream

so the kit wouldn't be enough? out of curiosity why do they suck offroad?

They provide power in the wrong places.
You want low end power for wheeling, and a supercharger typically does the opposite.
Is the 3.6 in your 2014 not enough? You'll benefit a lot more from a regear than anything.
5:13's & 37's on mine and I can spin tires on the rocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You want low end power for wheeling, and a supercharger typically does the opposite.
Is the 3.6 in your 2014 not enough? You'll benefit a lot more from a regear than anything.

This ^^^^^^

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

BlackDiamond_JKU

This ^^^^^^

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

I'm really glad I didn't get a S/C
I ordered axles instead, I'm just going to save up for a 5.3 swap

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

Top Bottom