High beams not working 2010 JKUR

Rockcrusher

I have a 2010 JKUR i had factory headlights and then the high beams stopped working. I changed the bulbs and nothing. then i bought led headlights, then worked for 5 mins now nothing the indicator light comes on but no high beam? Any ideas what going on

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to Wayalife. I would check fuses and relays first. Then look for corrosion anywhere. Did any of this start after going through mud or water?

Rockcrusher

Welcome to Wayalife. I would check fuses and relays first. Then look for corrosion anywhere. Did any of this start after going through mud or water?
No it just happened one day no mud or water. do you know which relay it is? i looked on the diagram but was confused on how they would list it. everyone in a awhile it will work for 1 min or so

Rockcrusher

So I went out and checked the fuses and they all are good. With that being said, I turned on the high beams and they worked and now nothing after about 60sec they shut off. This is why I'm perplexed. Does it sound like in need to reset the computer?

WJCO

Meme King
So I went out and checked the fuses and they all are good. With that being said, I turned on the high beams and they worked and now nothing after about 60sec they shut off. This is why I'm perplexed. Does it sound like in need to reset the computer?

Try that test one more time after it cools down. If fuses are good, but circuit is shutting off, sounds like a bad relay to me. I do not know where the headlight relay is, but likely in your fuse box area. If there is another relay just like it, swap them with each other and then see how the headlights work.

jeeeep

Hooked
also check the rear tail lights, for shorts or if one may be out.

problem with multi-function switches is if one goes, many things go making it tough to troubleshoot

Also possible it's the headlight combo switch in the steering column:

5183952AF Combo Switch W/O FOG LAMPS

5183950AF Combo Switch W/AUTO HEADLAMPS

5183946AF Combo Switch W/AUTO & FOG LAMPS

5183950AF Turn Signal Switch WRANGLER; W/O FOG LAMP; W/REAR WIPER

5183952AF Turn Signal Switch WRANGLER; W/O FOG LAMP; W/O REAR WIPER

5183946AF Turn Signal Switch WRANGLER; W/FOG LAMP; W/REAR WIPER

Rockcrusher

also check the rear tail lights, for shorts or if one may be out.

problem with multi-function switches is if one goes, many things go making it tough to troubleshoot

Also possible it's the headlight combo switch in the steering column:

5183952AF Combo Switch W/O FOG LAMPS

5183950AF Combo Switch W/AUTO HEADLAMPS

5183946AF Combo Switch W/AUTO & FOG LAMPS

5183950AF Turn Signal Switch WRANGLER; W/O FOG LAMP; W/REAR WIPER

5183952AF Turn Signal Switch WRANGLER; W/O FOG LAMP; W/O REAR WIPER

5183946AF Turn Signal Switch WRANGLER; W/FOG LAMP; W/REAR WIPER

Thats what I have been leading toward, the multifunction switch. tail lights, turn signals work. Only thing that is not working is the driverside markerlight on the fender do you think that would cause the high beams not to work?

jeeeep

Hooked
Thats what I have been leading toward, the multifunction switch. tail lights, turn signals work. Only thing that is not working is the driverside markerlight on the fender do you think that would cause the high beams not to work?

it may, if I recall they all share the same ground. - ok more coffee reread my answer and yeah...they all share the same ground lol

if I can find the wiring diagram it'll make more sense but yes, would definitely check it

Last edited:
Top Bottom