EVO Sport Cage?

I need to put a cage in my JKU before my Moab trip in May! I have all the other goodies but I still have the stock sport bar...

I was looking at the EVO Sport Cage. Anyone have any experience with this? I don't want an extreme full cage because the Jeep is a daily driver but I want at least a sport cage.

Any thoughts?

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Its a fairly new product so not many have the experience with it. A lot of the guys here are running the Hard Rock sports cage. The EVO SC looks great and I'm sure the install and function is all the same as a cage. Really I think it comes down to what works and or looks better to you.

tgoss

I have it installed. It's very nice, fitment is very good and install wasn't terrible.

My only gripe so far is it covers the ambient light sensor on the dash so now I don't have auto lamps until I find a place to relocate it.

Other than that it's great and I hope I never have to put it to the test but it's good piece of mind having it in there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

:eek: :nono: Deal breaker for sure! RH4x4 it is

I have it installed. It's very nice, fitment is very good and install wasn't terrible.

My only gripe so far is it covers the ambient light sensor on the dash so now I don't have auto lamps until I find a place to relocate it.

Other than that it's great and I hope I never have to put it to the test but it's good piece of mind having it in there.

Would drilling a half inch hole be "that" detrimental to its integrity? Legit question.

Also, is not having grab bars an issue? I read that they were gonna work in adding them but haven't seen anything in a while.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Would drilling a half inch hole be "that" detrimental to its integrity? Legit question.

Also, is not having grab bars an issue? I read that they were gonna work in adding them but haven't seen anything in a while.

That is a question for EVO. Holes can cause collapsing/folding points in the event of stress (rollover).

SilverBack

I would think it would be better to relocate the sensor rather than drill a hole in that hard assed steel!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

Yeah I will NOT be drilling any holes in any part of this cage. I will relocate it somewhere I just haven't fvcked around with it yet.

tgoss

I'll update this for those considering it...

Took some time and extended the wiring harness for the ambient light sensor and shoved it over in the corner of the driver side windshield behind the tweeter wedged in by the a pillar cage brace. It now functions properly, is relatively unseen (I'm sure 2015+ owners might see it being the tweeters are flush) but it works and that's all I care for.

I really like that creature comfort in all my cars so this was an alright solution in my book to regain it.

Still happy with the cage overall, excited to see how they incorporate a grab handle.

Flat Top

I'll update this for those considering it...

Took some time and extended the wiring harness for the ambient light sensor and shoved it over in the corner of the driver side windshield behind the tweeter wedged in by the a pillar cage brace. It now functions properly, is relatively unseen (I'm sure 2015+ owners might see it being the tweeters are flush) but it works and that's all I care for.

I really like that creature comfort in all my cars so this was an alright solution in my book to regain it.

Still happy with the cage overall, excited to see how they incorporate a grab handle.

Thanks for the update, I am very interested in this cage. I really like the visibility and the look of it.

GENREC

I have seen this cage on Instagram on at least 6 rigs. It looks good every time in any color and have not seen one person complain about it or the install. I would love to have a grab handle on it being on the shorter side, but it's still an awesome cage and innovative to boot.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I just had this cage installed and my ambient light sensor works fine on my 14. It's a little more sensitive now, if the sun is setting and there are dark shadows it will trigger sooner than before but 95% of the time it's just like before.

Here are a few pics.
20170320_182053.jpg
20170320_182131.jpg
20170320_182345.jpg
20170320_181958.jpg 20170320_182250.jpg

Visibility is great, haven't bonked my head banging around etc. Overall I am very impressed. Welds are all high quality, fitment it great and really seemed to stiffen stuff up and reduce rattles when hitting the bumps. I am taller than average and it doesn't limit visibility at all which is a big plus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just had this cage installed and my ambient light sensor works fine on my 14. It's a little more sensitive now, if the sun is setting and there are dark shadows it will trigger sooner than before but 95% of the time it's just like before.

Visibility is great, haven't bonked my head banging around etc. Overall I am very impressed. Welds are all high quality, fitment it great and really seemed to stiffen stuff up and reduce rattles when hitting the bumps. I am taller than average and it doesn't limit visibility at all which is a big plus.

Looks great! Funny that you would comment about visibility. You should try looking over the dash bar of a Rock Hard cage an in a 2012-up when you're short :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom