ATF +4 differences

desertrunner

Is there really any difference between the auto zone store brand cheap stuff and the fancy name brand stuff or the mopar dealer stuff? Or is it just all the same shit with a different label? Just started my T case swap trying to see what fluid to buy for the new one. From the Google and forum searches is sounds like it really isn't gonna make much of a difference but I never found a specific answer for the T case on here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

No there isn't. ATF+4 is a trademarked formula. For a company to sell ATF+4 under their brand they have to license it & then there's probably only 2 companies that can even make it. I wouldn't buy some crazy no-name but autozone would definitely get sued by FCA if they made counterfeit ATF+4.

Sent from My duck blind using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Is there really any difference between the auto zone store brand cheap stuff and the fancy name brand stuff or the mopar dealer stuff? Or is it just all the same shit with a different label? Just started my T case swap trying to see what fluid to buy for the new one. From the Google and forum searches is sounds like it really isn't gonna make much of a difference but I never found a specific answer for the T case on here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Almost all atf is generic. What some do differ in tho is additives. Some companies add different additives that makes theirs "better" than the competition. In reality you can't go wrong.

Top Bottom