How often will ARB pump cycle?

rockwell

Going to be mounting my twin ARB, under my passenger seat most likely, for the lockers. The only concern I have is how often it start up, I don't want to keep scaring the shit out of my girlfriend. I'll probably add a 1 gallon tank behind the drivers seat. Assuming the volume of the tank, and no leaks, about how many times can I engage the lockers before the pump kicks on? I haven't used ARBs before so I don't know how much air they use to engage.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Going to be mounting my twin ARB, under my passenger seat most likely, for the lockers. The only concern I have is how often it start up, I don't want to keep scaring the shit out of my girlfriend. I'll probably add a 1 gallon tank behind the drivers seat. Assuming the volume of the tank, and no leaks, about how many times can I engage the lockers before the pump kicks on? I haven't used ARBs before so I don't know how much air they use to engage.

When I had the twin paired with a 2 gallon tank and front/rear air lockers on my previous jeep - I could often go an entire day of wheeling without it cycling. The lockers don't use a very high volume of air to engage. I was also running a gauge on my switch panel, to give a good indication on when it would be starting up again.

Ddays

Hooked
I wouldn't bother with the tank. Mines under the seat as well and its really not that big of a deal. It shouldn't cycle at all once the lockers are engaged unless you have a leak in the line or a fitting somewhere.

Edit: Without an auxilliary tank they'll engage every time you actuate the lockers. It only cycles for a few seconds

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't bother with the tank. Mines under the seat as well and its really not that big of a deal. It shouldn't cycle at all once the lockers are engaged unless you have a leak in the line or a fitting somewhere.

Edit: Without an auxilliary tank they'll engage every time you actuate the lockers. It only cycles for a few seconds

x2 on this, only a leak will make it cycle, or if you are on and off the lockers a lot.

WJCO

Meme King

Just took a video for you. Looks like the compressor run time is less than 2 seconds. And I asked my wife her thoughts when the compressor comes on, she said she doesn't even hardly notice, she hears it, but it doesn't bother her.

rockwell

Awesome thanks, that clears things up. That might be better than having a tank and having it come on less often but staying on longer to refill the tank.

tgoss

I only have a single ARB and during a full day of wheeling and engaging lockers it cycles maybe 3-4 times total.

Top Bottom