Trip to Death Valley

Jeeptopia

Hi Guys (and gals),

Since the Norcal folks are looking for an excuse to get together, I propose a trip to Death Valley in the spring time before it gets too hot.

I'm happy to organize and plan out the route and lead the group. I've been exploring DV for about 16 years now and know numerous cool places.

This will be a 3 day (Friday through Sunday) trip with primitive camping only.

There won't be any real hardcore offroading (there isn't much in DV, except for one place which we won't hit). More overland style but you will be offroad for the vast majority of the trip.

Route will include places like Mengal Pass, Charlie Manson's cabin (what's left of it), Echo canyon, Titus canyon, Racetrack, Lippencott road, Saline Valley Hot springs, Steel Pass and Eureka dunes. There will be cabin's to explore, see petroglyphs and some hiking plus a few more cool things, even a ghost town. If you've never been to DV, you want to come.

I'll post some pics later to show some of the sights.

Cheers!
Tom

Astroman

Hi Guys (and gals),

Since the Norcal folks are looking for an excuse to get together, I propose a trip to Death Valley in the spring time before it gets too hot.

I'm happy to organize and plan out the route and lead the group. I've been exploring DV for about 16 years now and know numerous cool places.

This will be a 3 day (Friday through Sunday) trip with primitive camping only.

There won't be any real hardcore offroading (there isn't much in DV, except for one place which we won't hit). More overland style but you will be offroad for the vast majority of the trip.

Route will include places like Mengal Pass, Charlie Manson's cabin (what's left of it), Echo canyon, Titus canyon, Racetrack, Lippencott road, Saline Valley Hot springs, Steel Pass and Eureka dunes. There will be cabin's to explore, see petroglyphs and some hiking plus a few more cool things, even a ghost town. If you've never been to DV, you want to come.

I'll post some pics later to show some of the sights.

Cheers!
Tom

Definitely interested Tom! I live just south of you in SJB. Suggest some dates and let's get this ride going :yup:

mauijim

Roger that...I'd be interested and would also be coming from Seattle...I'd bring the Brute & Trailer...

How did a guy from Seattle get the name Mauijim?...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've been going there every year since my kids were in jr high school with about 15-20 family's every spring break and then my daughter got married there and the last 3 trips I've stayed around 24-26 days and my co-Workers have nicknamed me that and it's just stuck with me...lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

scrota76

Sounds like you have a good trip going. I went a few years back, and after we passed through Cerro Gordo, we camped at the end of Cottonwood Creek south of Lone Pine. Camp spot was right on the creek and there was good fishing. Just thought it would be a good recommendation for a nights camping. I will check back for solid dates.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom