Painless or Switch-Pros control panel system

FuriousDz

Hey all,

Looking to go with 1 of these, does anyone have any experience with either or know of any advantage 1 has over the other? They are both around the same price.

Painless - P/N 57000
Switch-pros - SP-8100

- Both can run 8 accessories
- Painless is (8) 30 amp fuses and (8) 30 amp relays
- Switch-pros is 8 Outputs, 7 rated @ 18A, 1 rated @ 30A

I dont know much about electrical but looking at this it looks like the painless has a little bit of an advantage as far as all 8 being rated at 30A vs 7@18A and 1@30A on the switch-pro?

There may be others down the line but as of now what I plan on running off of these will be;

50" light bar which draws around 20A
2-4 A pillar lights but they only draw about 1 A each
front and rear air lockers eventually
rock lights
winch?

Thanks!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Just a suggestion, but I would wire your winch direct to your battery and not to a controller. Also, I have had the Switch-Pro's for a while now and it's been great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

vjusmc

I have been using switch Pros for two years and highly recommend them. Very straight forward install, clean small package, easy to wire and works well. I did wire my winch directly to my positive terminal on my battery.

Good luck

gheller

I'm not familiar with Switch Pros but I do have the TrailRockers sitting here waiting for Spring to install. I can say the quality looks top notch. I like that it installs right over the battery tray which keeps the power feed very short. It also looks clean that way. The relays rated at 30A is a big plus, especially since I will be using two of the TrailRocker relays to power two direct drive compressors for air horns. Each compressor supposedly pulls about 20 amps.

FuriousDz

I'm not familiar with Switch Pros but I do have the TrailRockers sitting here waiting for Spring to install. I can say the quality looks top notch. I like that it installs right over the battery tray which keeps the power feed very short. It also looks clean that way. The relays rated at 30A is a big plus, especially since I will be using two of the TrailRocker relays to power two direct drive compressors for air horns. Each compressor supposedly pulls about 20 amps.

Sweet! Yeah they both look like great products so I doubt I can go wrong with either. The only thing I was concerned about was that the switch pro only has the 1 30A switch and I know the 50" light bar will have to use that since it will draw 19 and the other 7 are rated to 18A.

Randy Tadevich

I have the trail rocker and really like it. Install is easy. The only negative I would say is that its slightly in the way of the battery. So its a little hassle to change the battery. I still have the stock battery tray setup. But its very professional looking.

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
just got the Painless TrailRocker installed. I also got the winch rocker switch, the winch itself is still direct to the battery but the rocker switch allows me to control the in/out function from inside.

Also chose the loopman mount but the rocker switch has an indent in the back so you can mount it on the roll cage.

I had the SmartPro but never installed it. It does have some cool features but the more I thought about it I didn't want to have to use BT to access the features and if something went wrong I'd like to be able to buy a relay locally instead of having to deal with possibly having to send the unit in.

Here's the TrailRocker thread with some pics.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?42820-Painless-Trail-Rocker-for-Sport-Cage-is-here!

FuriousDz

just got the Painless TrailRocker installed. I also got the winch rocker switch, the winch itself is still direct to the battery but the rocker switch allows me to control the in/out function from inside.

Also chose the loopman mount but the rocker switch has an indent in the back so you can mount it on the roll cage.

I had the SmartPro but never installed it. It does have some cool features but the more I thought about it I didn't want to have to use BT to access the features and if something went wrong I'd like to be able to buy a relay locally instead of having to deal with possibly having to send the unit in.

Here's the TrailRocker thread with some pics.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?42820-Painless-Trail-Rocker-for-Sport-Cage-is-here!

Thanks man! Good read on your thread and exactly the type of input I was looking for. Looks like this is the route I will go as well!

Top Bottom