Axle Shaft recommendation for PR60

Mtb275

I need to buy a new axle shaft for a PR60. It is 35 spline and 5.13 gears.

Are there others options or just go with Dynatrac?

Is the driver and passenger the same length?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

spookyg00k

ball out and go with the RCV shaft kit for the rear. i got a set in my PR44 front...love it but for your rear it can be overkill(?)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Have you contacted Dynatrac about your shaft? You might be able to get the shaft covered under warranty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ball out and go with the RCV shaft kit for the rear. i got a set in my PR44 front...love it but for your rear it can be overkill(?)

He has a ProRock 60 rear axle. Even if RCV makes shafts for it, I personally don't think their shafts are worth the high premium cost.

WJCO

Meme King
A semifloat shaft is just that, a semifloat shaft. The flange can bend regardless of the steel. It's just the way it is with that design. With that being said, ddays bent a ProRock flange and contacted Dynatrac for another shaft planning to pay for another and Dynatrac paid for it regardless, so it may be worthwhile to attempt to contact them regarding it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, I will on Monday. I wasn't sure if they would warranty it or not. And if they don't, would you recommend I stay with Dynatrac shafts?
Thanks

Yes.

A semifloat shaft is just that, a semifloat shaft. The flange can bend regardless of the steel. It's just the way it is with that design. With that being said, ddays bent a ProRock flange and contacted Dynatrac for another shaft planning to pay for another and Dynatrac paid for it regardless, so it may be worthwhile to attempt to contact them regarding it.

This ^^^^

In the end, a semi-float shaft is a semi-float shaft and in spite of what some may suggest, they ALL can bend. It's just the nature of the beast. Dynatrac shafts are made right here in the USA and they are what I ran until I upgraded to full float.

Mtb275

Yes.

This ^^^^

In the end, a semi-float shaft is a semi-float shaft and in spite of what some may suggest, they ALL can bend. It's just the nature of the beast. Dynatrac shafts are made right here in the USA and they are what I ran until I upgraded to full float.

I will call them tomorrow, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Need to know a lot more information before being able to help you out. What vehicle is this on? How wide is the axle (wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface)? Is this a front axle or rear axle? If it is a rear axle, is it a semi-float or full-float? If it is the front axle, is it the inner or outer shaft that is needed? Is it the left side shaft or the right side shaft? To get you helped out as quick as possible, give us a call at 714-421-4314 and we'll figure out what you need.

Mtb275

Need to know a lot more information before being able to help you out. What vehicle is this on? How wide is the axle (wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface)? Is this a front axle or rear axle? If it is a rear axle, is it a semi-float or full-float? If it is the front axle, is it the inner or outer shaft that is needed? Is it the left side shaft or the right side shaft? To get you helped out as quick as possible, give us a call at 714-421-4314 and we'll figure out what you need.

Wow, pretty cool of you to get involved on this thread. I did call today and left a message. Waiting for a call back.

It is on a JKU. Stock width. Rear PR60. Semi float. 35 spline. Driver side.

If I don't hear back today, no worries, I'll call again tomorrow.

LUZZO454

Wow, pretty cool of you to get involved on this thread. I did call today and left a message. Waiting for a call back.

It is on a JKU. Stock width. Rear PR60. Semi float. 35 spline. Driver side.

If I don't hear back today, no worries, I'll call again tomorrow.

Did Dynatrac help you out I just bent my left shaft at the flange pr60 semi float and it didn't take much to bend

Top Bottom