The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
As some of you may have seen. I recently purchased a new to me jeep to have bigger and better plans than my silver jeep. I went from a 09 Rubicon to a 07 Sport. The inspiration and name of my build came from star wars, The Naboo N-1 Starfighter.

IMG_7307.JPG

I spent almost a month switch parts over from my previous build. Thanks to a couple form members for your help with this.

Current parts I either left on the jeep or switched over:
-4" rough country lift (only thing left from the previous builder)
-truck lites (were stolen)
-Warn XD9000i winch
-ARB twin air compressor
-best top trek top
-37 nittos with slabs
-4.56 gears
-bulldog tuner
-EVO lover control arms
-EVO extended brake lines
-EVO tramp stamp
-prostop brake pads and rotors
-genright tire carrier
-rear tuffy security deck
-RR hood latch
-wayalife style cut fenders

Here is my future Build plans in no particular order:
-EVO armor: skins, sliders, and builder corners
-EVO bolt on coilovers (possible
The front Set up in the DTD brackets like Vengeance)
-EVO high clearance long arm
-EVO front bumper with stinger
-EVO drag link flip kit
-EVO proteck protection
-PSC hydraulic steering
-8 switch switch pros
-rock hard sports cage
-rubicon swaybar motor
-rubicon transfers or Rubicrawler gear reduction
-1350 driveshafts
- Dynatrac axles. Would like the 60/60.
But probably too much for what I need/do.... so at least a PR44 to replace the D30

Here is what savage looked like before the switch:
IMG_6439.jpg
And now:
IMG_7017.jpg

Here is a picture of how NABOO looked when I picked her up:
IMG_6810.jpg

Updates too follow

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lone Star

As some of you may have seen. I recently purchased a new to me jeep to have bigger and better plans than my silver jeep. I went from a 09 Rubicon to a 07 Sport. The inspiration and name of my build came from star wars, The Naboo N-1 Starfighter.

View attachment 242519

I spent almost a month switch parts over from my previous build. Thanks to a couple form members for your help with this.

Current parts I either left on the jeep or switched over:
-4" rough country lift (only thing left from the previous builder)
-truck lites (were stolen)
-Warn XD9000i winch
-ARB twin air compressor
-best top trek top
-37 nittos with slabs
-4.56 gears
-bulldog tuner
-EVO lover control arms
-EVO extended brake lines
-EVO tramp stamp
-prostop brake pads and rotors
-genright tire carrier
-rear tuffy security deck
-RR hood latch
-wayalife style cut fenders

Here is my future Build plans in no particular order:
-EVO armor: skins, sliders, and builder corners
-EVO bolt on coilovers (possible
The front Set up in the DTD brackets like Vengeance)
-EVO high clearance long arm
-EVO front bumper with stinger
-EVO drag link flip kit
-EVO proteck protection
-PSC hydraulic steering
-8 switch switch pros
-rock hard sports cage
-rubicon swaybar motor
-rubicon transfers or Rubicrawler gear reduction
-1350 driveshafts
- Dynatrac axles. Would like the 60/60.
But probably too much for what I need/do.... so at least a PR44 to replace the D30

Here is what savage looked like before the switch:
View attachment 242530
And now:
View attachment 242532

Here is a picture of how NABOO looked when I picked her up:
View attachment 242528

Updates too follow

Nice looking jeep, and nice build list. Love those half doors!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
The first thing I decided to do was take off the rear tire Carrier and switch over the front bumper, fenders, trek top, security deck, truck lites
IMG_6853.jpg

With the cut fenders going back in I decided to paint the rear wheel wells and pinch seems so it's all done at once this time
IMG_6856.jpg

With all the little things done it was time to drop rigs off at Jake's and take on the bigger project of brake lines, rotors, drive shaft and lower control arms. Unfortunately thing took longer than planned and we ended up braking a caliper and this is how we left the jeep night 1.
IMG_6858.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6906.jpg
    IMG_6906.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,166
Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
The start of day 2 we
We're hopeful and things should take too long to compete and we could also replace Jake's 1350 joints that were shot. Might 2 was a success to everything I needed to swap over except the drive shaft. We just couldn't break the nit loose with only a breaker bar. So we left it on my silver jeep

Here is a shot of how much room we have to maneuver in his garage. As you can see it is also very well lite. Lol. Also with all the work we were doing over the last 2 days it make me wonder how everyone had one to update their
Threads during the install/maintenance?

IMG_6859.jpg

It was then time to remove the 50" light bar and bracket. I do not like this look and would only use a light bar maybe 1 or 2 times a year.

IMG_6981.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Now it was time to start adding new parts rather than moving existing parts over

First on the list was a EVO 1/4. This was my Christmas present to myself.

IMG_7052.jpg

The install
IMG_7059.jpg
IMG_7060.jpg

When Christmas actually came I finally got my windshield banner I should have had a long time ago
IMG_0076.jpg

With the recent downpour we have had in So Cal I hadn't been able to take advantage of the half doors. So when we finally got a little sunshine I took advantage of it. Must say I really like the factory half doors!!
IMG_7075.jpg

One last little addition I wanted to make was hood decals. Now that I didn't have a rubicon my hood seemed naked. So I added some Evolution decals. Once I have some
More EVO Parts i will add the Off Road part.
IMG_7086.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
The only other parts I had left from my silver jeep build was switching my ARB compressor over and installing my 8 panel switch pros I have been hanging in to/to scared to install by myself.
I got the compressor moved over and mounted IMG_7113.jpg

Funny part with this was I had the negative and positive wires for the compressor switch on the battery. Couldn't figure out what I did wrong on the install and why it wasn't turning on. My girlfriend comes out and take one look at the batter and noticed they were backwards. So embarrassing.

I never really knew what I was going to hook up to the switch pro so that's part of the reason I haven't installed it either. But now that I have a sport I'm going to need to wire up some lockers when I do an axles swap. So now I'm excited to get it installed. Plus Geoff is great at wiring so that will help.
Favorite part about this is how slim the switches are

IMG_7333.jpg
IMG_7334.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I have always liked the look of the EVO corners but I wanted a little different look. So I ended up getting the EVO builder corners! Ordered them from Northridge because ORE didn't have any in when I called them up. Should have just waiting because when they showed up it was missing the corner tabs that are suppose to be welded on. So I ended up getting another set shipped out from ORE.

I must say they were 100% packed better from ORE than Northridge.
IMG_7178.jpg
IMG_7182.jpg
IMG_7183.jpg

I know Geoff is excited to help drill holes in my jeep again.
I will also eventually be getting some brackets welded on so I am install my Genright tire Carrier. Looking forward to having a little different look!

I will also eventually have to get some mud flaps to keep the cops of me in LA. I'm bummed about it but not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Because the jeep didn't have a DL flip kit and has a 4" lift with a drop pitman arm I decided I really needed to correct the steering after putting the 37s on.

Yes I know I'm running 37 with bead locks on a D30. But don't worry I have plans for this which we'll be getting attention in about 4-6 weeks :). But it's a secret now until the details are ironed out.

Anyways, I got the EVO DL to correct this problem and set up a wrenching day to knock out a few item with Geoff. Also he wanted to uses his new Milwaukee impact gun so he was happy to help.

First package with packing peanuts
IMG_7124.jpg

What's inside
IMG_7125.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Oh I also picked up a set of EVO C Gussets. But I won't be needing to install these now:)
IMG_7126.jpg

Back to wrenching party....

We were set to try and knock out the DL flip, front drive shaft, and builder corners. But problems with getting the drop pitman arm off only allowed enough daylight for the DL flip and drive shaft. But I'm ok with that cause steering of more important than cosmetics.

By the way. I don't know if it's my luck but this has been the second time I ran into this problem when installing a front Drive shaft.
IMG_7261.jpg
IMG_7262.jpg

A little grinding and we were in business. Off the the DL.

We first picked up a pitman arm pulled that allowed for 3k pounds of pressure. This didn't pull it and we probably had close to 6k pounds
of pressure on it. Also the puller was too long to get the impact gun on it. So we set off to find a new puller. We picket up a more "heavy duty" one and fortunately it allowed the Milwaukee to get ahold of it. Took some doing and I was worried that wasn't even going to pull it. But after about 10 Seconds of all power ahead the impact gun finally broke it lose. We put about a 1/4 steal spacer between the puller and the pitman arm to protect it. The Milwaukee put enough pressure on it to bubble the steal.

Here is the old and new pitman arm with a close look you can see the bubble.
IMG_7264.jpg
IMG_7372.jpg

If anyone doesn't know Geoff he is a great guy and willing to help. But also like to cut and grind in other people's jeeps. So be careful what you ask for. Here he is cutting more.

IMG_7265.jpg

If anyone didn't know you can easily over torque the u bolts for the flip kit.
IMG_7267.jpg .
Fortunately the jeep had a raised track bar already so we just reused the old one. Here are some final shots when all was said and done after a test drive.
IMG_7272.jpg

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I am almost up to date.

As many of you know I got my truck lites, and front grill stolen. They seem like they took their time on the driver side headlight because some of the lead ends were left.

IMG_7296.jpg

The passager side looks like it
Was just ripped out.

IMG_7295.jpg

And they also took the headlight bracket. So I can't even wire up headlight just to get around for now.

This is how I found my jeep the morning after

IMG_7293.jpg

I placed a police report and forensics ended up coming out.

IMG_7300.jpg
IMG_7304.jpg
IMG_7306.jpg

I can't stand people who take things that don't belong to them! If you want something in life then work hard for it and earn it yourself!! Hell im pissed about this but I'm more upset the headache and time this has caused me to get fixed!

JeepJeep75

Cool build thread Mike! I would've commented sooner but was swamped at work for the last two weeks. Looking forward to helping you drill a bunch of holes in another one of your jeeps. [emoji16] It's about time to go try out all the new jeep goodies in their natural off-road environment soon!

Oh I also picked up a set of EVO C Gussets. But I won't be needing to install these now:)
View attachment 244004

Back to wrenching party....

We were set to try and knock out the DL flip, front drive shaft, and builder corners. But problems with getting the drop pitman arm off only allowed enough daylight for the DL flip and drive shaft. But I'm ok with that cause steering of more important than cosmetics.

By the way. I don't know if it's my luck but this has been the second time I ran into this problem when installing a front Drive shaft.
View attachment 244008
View attachment 244009

A little grinding and we were in business. Off the the DL.

We first picked up a pitman arm pulled that allowed for 3k pounds of pressure. This didn't pull it and we probably had close to 6k pounds
of pressure on it. Also the puller was too long to get the impact gun on it. So we set off to find a new puller. We picket up a more "heavy duty" one and fortunately it allowed the Milwaukee to get ahold of it. Took some doing and I was worried that wasn't even going to pull it. But after about 10 Seconds of all power ahead the impact gun finally broke it lose. We put about a 1/4 steal spacer between the puller and the pitman arm to protect it. The Milwaukee put enough pressure on it to bubble the steal.

Here is the old and new pitman arm with a close look you can see the bubble.
View attachment 244005
View attachment 244006

If anyone doesn't know Geoff he is a great guy and willing to help. But also like to cut and grind in other people's jeeps. So be careful what you ask for. Here he is cutting more.

View attachment 244007

If anyone didn't know you can easily over torque the u bolts for the flip kit.
View attachment 244011 .
Fortunately the jeep had a raised track bar already so we just reused the old one. Here are some final shots when all was said and done after a test drive.
View attachment 244013

Yup Yup, when I installed my drag link flip kit, I broke my U-bolt as well.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Cool build thread Mike! I would've commented sooner but was swamped at work for the last two weeks. Looking forward to helping you drill a bunch of holes in another one of your jeeps. [emoji16] It's about time to go try out all the new jeep goodies in their natural off-road environment soon!

No problem. I know what you have been up to and I'm surprised they gave you enough time to sleep.

Yes. I can't wait to get the jeep into its natural environment. I mean after all this is why I wanted/got a jeep.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
One think I forgot to update on and it's because it's been in the back of my mind. But I ordered a Dynomax exhaust back in the beginning of December. And it's been in backorder ever since with no ETA on when it will be available.

I ordered it from Quadratec and have been getting updates in it. But it's a problem with the manufacturing machine of Dynomax. Apparently it broke and they had to get a whole new machine and assemble it before they can fill orders.

Im pretty bummed but i think it will be worth it when it arrives!!

tdougherty81

One think I forgot to update on and it's because it's been in the back of my mind. But I ordered a Dynomax exhaust back in the beginning of December. And it's been in backorder ever since with no ETA on when it will be available.

I ordered it from Quadratec and have been getting updates in it. But it's a problem with the manufacturing machine of Dynomax. Apparently it broke and they had to get a whole new machine and assemble it before they can fill orders.

Im pretty bummed but i think it will be worth it when it arrives!!

I ordered one as well, last I heard it will be towards the end of the month.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Nice looking rig man. Sorry to see someone stole your headlights and grill. At least they didnt steal your whole jeep. I would invest in an after market GPS locator. Specially if you plan on building your rig more and ultimately spend more money on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom