Evo Quarter Pounder Sway Bar Disco Motor HELP!

Ewisch

IMG_6461.jpg
Well I felt pretty good about getting the bumper on the Jeep today, but after I pulled out of the garage I heard a crack when I turned my steering wheel to the right about one full turn.

IMG_6459.jpg
After hearing the noise I got out to take a look and found that the clamp (can't remember the exact name for this piece) that connects the drag link to the tie rod end that goes into the pittman arm, is trying to kill the plug on my sway bar disco. The piece that cracked was the black cover that goes over the plug, I pulled that off, unplugged the plug and tucked it up out of the way to drive it home.

IMG_6460.jpg
Here is a closeup with the wheel turned at about 3/4's of a turn to the right

IMG_6457.jpg
Here is what the motor looks like after the relocation

Not sure if I did something wrong with the relocation, do I need to drill further into the new mounting point? Did I tighten the bolt too much or not enough? Do I need to loosen the clamp on the drag link and rotate it so the bolts are facing down instead of facing forward? Or am I missing something else, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1486616843.167607.jpg

You want the plug facing up like this when you rotate it.

Edit to add: you want the gap in the clamps lined up with the gap in the adjuster. You could possibly remove the bolts and flip them over. But I still say rotate your motor like mine.

Last edited:

Ewisch

View attachment 243224

Edit to add: you want the gap in the clamps lined up with the gap in the adjuster. You could possibly remove the bolts and flip them over. But I still say rotate your motor like mine.

Okay, I just looked at mine and compared it with yours. It seems like I spun the motor in the wrong direction and drilled out the wrong hole. Hopefully I can just put that bolt back in, rotate it the other way, and drill out the hole below the original mounting point rather than the one above. I will do this tomorrow morning and let you know how it works out, it seems like the way yours looks makes a lot more sense. Thank you!

JKbrick

View attachment 243224

Could have sworn I followed the instructions correctly but the plug on mine was facing down also. Will have to roll it the other way

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

View attachment 243224

While flipping my track bar motor up the other way today I had to lower the whole thing down instead of removing my quarter pounder and winch. That all went fine but did you have to trim the tray or plastic shield under the radiator for the plug to go back in?

Ewisch

While flipping my track bar motor up the other way today I had to lower the whole thing down instead of removing my quarter pounder and winch. That all went fine but did you have to trim the tray or plastic shield under the radiator for the plug to go back in?

I'm not sure if Mudmobeeler had to on his, but I did not have to the way I have mine now. I also had to take out the 2 bolts on the passenger side of the sway bar and let it hang down, in order to get it to spin all the way around. Otherwise it was hitting the lines and the bottom of the A/C condenser when I tried to spin it around..... I started to think maybe I spun it the wrong way but, oh well, its out of the way now. The only thing that kind of bothers me now is that the rubber isolator that the bolt goes through is touching my bumper, doesn't seem to hurt anything, it just bothers me. I'll be taking mine apart again, hopefully for the last time for awhile when I get my winch. I think I'll try to spin it back the other way to see if it fits any better. I may also try to bend that bar up a little more to keep that rubber piece off the bumper. I'll let you know how it goes, if I end up having to trim something or if I'm able to figure anything out.

JKbrick

I'm not sure if Mudmobeeler had to on his, but I did not have to the way I have mine now. I also had to take out the 2 bolts on the passenger side of the sway bar and let it hang down, in order to get it to spin all the way around. Otherwise it was hitting the lines and the bottom of the A/C condenser when I tried to spin it around..... I started to think maybe I spun it the wrong way but, oh well, its out of the way now. The only thing that kind of bothers me now is that the rubber isolator that the bolt goes through is touching my bumper, doesn't seem to hurt anything, it just bothers me. I'll be taking mine apart again, hopefully for the last time for awhile when I get my winch. I think I'll try to spin it back the other way to see if it fits any better. I may also try to bend that bar up a little more to keep that rubber piece off the bumper. I'll let you know how it goes, if I end up having to trim something or if I'm able to figure anything out.

Sounds good thank you, if I spaced my bar down from the frame I wouldn't have to trim that tray but I'd rather trim the tray than spacer down the sway bar I think

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Sounds good thank you, if I spaced my bar down from the frame I wouldn't have to trim that tray but I'd rather trim the tray than spacer down the sway bar I think

I did not have to drop the sway bar, I do however have the EVO vacuum pump relocate kit which does space the sway bar down some. Maybe a half inch at most. I also didn't unplug my motor or have to trim any plastic. I simply removed the bolt, rotated it, and reinstalled the new longer bolt into a hole where a bolt was that you have to remove. I did have to slightly bend the metal line that is there above the plug.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I did not have to drop the sway bar, I do however have the EVO vacuum pump relocate kit which does space the sway bar down some. Maybe a half inch at most. I also didn't unplug my motor or have to trim any plastic. I simply removed the bolt, rotated it, and reinstalled the new longer bolt into a hole where a bolt was that you have to remove. I did have to slightly bend the metal line that is there above the plug.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maybe it's due to mine being older, I'll post a pic after my daughter is in bed. Mine didn't have the vacuum pump situation and the radiator has a plastic tray or something under it. No idea what it's for, seems like it would just catch dirt

Top Bottom