Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Because so many of you out there own big full size trucks and use them to tow your rigs, Cindy and I thought it would be a great idea to start a new sub-forum and specifically to highlight them. Please use this forum to post up questions and discuss topics regarding all full size trucks and regardless of make and model. Enjoy! :cool:

longarmwj

Awesome idea Cindy and Eddie! I can't wait to see what kind of tow rigs and daily drivers people here have!

WJCO

Meme King
Great thread idea. Although I didn't tow a Jeep, I towed other things. Here's my old F350. 1999 with a 7.3L motor. Sold it with 290k on it and it still ran great. Had a 4 inch lift, lariat, chipped, intake, exhaust, etc. Was a fun rig with lots of power but sucked to park in a town like Boulder where the parking committees purposefully design parking lots to punish anybody but a Prius or SmartCar owner.

f350 truck.jpg

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Great thread idea. Although I didn't tow a Jeep, I towed other things. Here's my old F350. 1999 with a 7.3L motor. Sold it with 290k on it and it still ran great. Had a 4 inch lift, lariat, chipped, intake, exhaust, etc. Was a fun rig with lots of power but sucked to park in a town like Boulder where the parking committees purposefully design parking lots to punish anybody but a Prius or SmartCar owner.

Nice. The 7.3l is a great motor. I'd love to find a low mileage, clean one, that isn't listed for more than $15,000 :rolleyes2:

deadguy

I'll play, here's my lil 5.3l 16' Silverado. DD and tow rig when I need it to be. Not the biggest or most powerful ( or diesel) but it does what I need it to do IMG_20160506_184218450.jpg

Sent from a guy with a jeep

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yes!!!

My 2003 F250 with the venerable 7.3 towing my then stock JK.

I drive this almost as much as my JKU.
Gets better MPG too!!
And is way faster on the mountain passes. :beer:

DSC01826_zps91987066.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Yes!!!

My 2003 F250 with the venerable 7.3 towing my then stock JK.

I drive this almost as much as my JKU.
Gets better MPG too!!
And is way faster on the mountain passes. :beer:

How many miles on that thing?

Top Bottom