Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 179

Thread: Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

  1. #161
    Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bishop Ca
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterL View Post
    It is a 2500, the 3500 is a beast and if I can remember correctly the Aisin transmission was a $5-6k upgrade. I use a featherlite aluminum car hauler trailer to tow my rig and it pulls like a dream.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The Aisin is a $2700 upgrade and everyone told me to get it


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #162
    Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bishop Ca
    Posts
    361
    IMG_1599.jpg

    2018 Ram 3500 Diesel. Looking for a trailer


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #163
    Old Timer JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by jkbarnett View Post
    The Aisin is a $2700 upgrade and everyone told me to get it


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I donít think you can get it on a 2500 but I could be wrong


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #164
    Nothing but a Thing wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    Iíve heard the 3500 is tuned with more power and has a different transmission.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yes, heard the same thing. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  5. #165
    Nothing but a Thing wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterL View Post
    It is a 2500, the 3500 is a beast and if I can remember correctly the Aisin transmission was a $5-6k upgrade. I use a featherlite aluminum car hauler trailer to tow my rig and it pulls like a dream.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Theyíre both beasts! Iím just going to invest once, the 2500 with a gooseneck could pull them both, but itís close. The 3500 gives that extra capacity to tow both rigs through the mountains with out batting an eye at it.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  6. #166
    Caught the Bug Hilop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fontana
    Posts
    89
    Hereís my baby, 06 F250 with a bulletproofed 6.0. at TDS. Sheís been a great truck despite the reputation of the 6.0.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #167
    Been Around the Block tippedover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    263
    Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
    Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Doís, donít or anything Iím not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer?IMG_2035.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #168
    Old Timer JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by tippedover View Post
    Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
    Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Doís, donít or anything Iím not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer?IMG_2035.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Nice truck! Look into a gooseneck trailer, I hear they pull better than bumper pull trailers


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #169
    Nothing but a Thing Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by tippedover View Post
    Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
    Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Doís, donít or anything Iím not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer?IMG_2035.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Great looking truck! Congrats! I would second the gooseneck suggestion


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #170
    Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by tippedover View Post
    Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
    Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Doís, donít or anything Iím not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer?IMG_2035.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Great looking truck Congrats


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS