Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterL View Post
    It is a 2500, the 3500 is a beast and if I can remember correctly the Aisin transmission was a $5-6k upgrade. I use a featherlite aluminum car hauler trailer to tow my rig and it pulls like a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The Aisin is a $2700 upgrade and everyone told me to get it

Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar
    IMG_1599.jpg

2018 Ram 3500 Diesel. Looking for a trailer

Quote Originally Posted by jkbarnett View Post
    The Aisin is a $2700 upgrade and everyone told me to get it

I donít think you can get it on a 2500 but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    Iíve heard the 3500 is tuned with more power and has a different transmission.

Yes, heard the same thing. Thank you.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by HunterL View Post
    It is a 2500, the 3500 is a beast and if I can remember correctly the Aisin transmission was a $5-6k upgrade. I use a featherlite aluminum car hauler trailer to tow my rig and it pulls like a dream.

Theyíre both beasts! Iím just going to invest once, the 2500 with a gooseneck could pull them both, but itís close. The 3500 gives that extra capacity to tow both rigs through the mountains with out batting an eye at it.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Hereís my baby, 06 F250 with a bulletproofed 6.0. at TDS. Sheís been a great truck despite the reputation of the 6.0.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Been Around the Block tippedover's Avatar
    Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
    Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Doís, donít or anything Iím not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer?IMG_2035.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by tippedover View Post
    Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
    Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Doís, donít or anything Iím not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer?IMG_2035.JPG

Nice truck! Look into a gooseneck trailer, I hear they pull better than bumper pull trailers

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great looking truck! Congrats! I would second the gooseneck suggestion

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar

Great looking truck Congrats

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast