Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

Sold the old tow rig and bought this one. Going to try my luck with a Duramax for a change. I've always been a Cummins guy but got tied of constantly fighting front end issues and transmission problems. Does anyone have good or bad things to say about Duramax/Allison combo? Just wondering what I have to look forward to.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 98XJ06LJ View Post
    Sold the old tow rig and bought this one. Going to try my luck with a Duramax for a change. I've always been a Cummins guy but got tied of constantly fighting front end issues and transmission problems. Does anyone have good or bad things to say about Duramax/Allison combo? Just wondering what I have to look forward to.

Had an 07 LBZ with an Allison and loved it. Never had 1 thing go wrong with it. Wish my Cummins now had an Allison

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 98XJ06LJ View Post

I have a 2015 Chevy duramax i bought new and now has 70k miles and have towed everything from travel trailers to gooseneck trailers with my jeep on it and it has not let me down .. you will enjoy the more comfortable ride as an added bonus ....
    great choice ....

Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

Have an 05 LLY / Allison with 150k on it. No major issues... Solid setup. Driven daily since 05.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.4 Hemi JK View Post
    I have a 2015 Chevy duramax i bought new and now has 70k miles and have towed everything from travel trailers to gooseneck trailers with my jeep on it and it has not let me down .. you will enjoy the more comfortable ride as an added bonus ....
    great choice ....

My new Ram rides better than my Chevy HD ever did, it has coils front and rear, it's like the jeep but hugely

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    My new Ram rides better than my Chevy HD ever did, it has coils front and rear, it's like the jeep but hugely

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    A lifted GM IFS rides & handles great! ... but you have to rebuild it every 3,000 miles... Lol. My next truck will be a Solid Axle for sure. A Cummins/Allison, GM body, GM interior, Ford Suspension & Axles would be my perfect truck.

I've heard good things about the GM Duramax/ Allison combo and that is why I went this route. Glad to here it looks like I will hopefully not have any issues. Haven't pulled either of the Jeeps yet but I pulled my 5th wheel and it got better mileage than my Dodge and is a smooth ride. Again, thanks for the advice, keep the thread going. Great topic

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011