Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

Been Around the Block tippedover's Avatar
    Thanks guys! Guess Iíll look in to goose neck, that would allow me to go longer and maybe get the CJ on the trailer with the jku lol! Good looking out!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_0396.jpg our pick up truck finally got to tow something!! As much as it pained me to do it I trailered my TJ our to moab. With the JKUR build finishing just days before we left I didnít have the time to give the old girl the love she would need to make the drive out!

Quote Originally Posted by ob_tj View Post
    IMG_0396.jpg our pick up truck finally got to tow something!! As much as it pained me to do it I trailered my TJ our to moab. With the JKUR build finishing just days before we left I didnít have the time to give the old girl the love she would need to make the drive out!

Nice! The beer bottle on the trailer is a good add on :p

Quote Originally Posted by tippedover View Post
    Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
    Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Doís, donít or anything Iím not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer?Attachment 298380

Really sharp looking truck, congrats

Caught the Bug
    Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
    Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Doís, donít or anything Iím not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer?Attachment 298380

Go with a goose neck deck over. I have a 20 foot bumper pull that is 102" wide and rated at 10400 gross weight. I had 5200 lb axles installed for the extra capacity. Great trailer, but the last 2 times I have pulled it with my JK on it, I have blown 2 tires and had another go flat. I could blame the roads between Texas and Maryland, as each time I was headed east between Memphis and Nashville. Some really bad roads in east Arkansas. My reasons are most bumper pulls have a smaller frame, but the big drawback is that 99% of them use a 15" or smaller tire. I have yet to find a tire over load range E which is 10 plys. With a goose neck deck over, you can get 16 inch or larger tires which provide a multitude of tires in a heavier load range. And the gooseneck trailer pull so nice. You won't even know it is there.

Nice looking rig and thanks for your service!!
    Eagle1911
    2010 JK 2 Dr

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1911 View Post
    Go with a goose neck deck over. I have a 20 foot bumper pull that is 102" wide and rated at 10400 gross weight. I had 5200 lb axles installed for the extra capacity. Great trailer, but the last 2 times I have pulled it with my JK on it, I have blown 2 tires and had another go flat. I could blame the roads between Texas and Maryland, as each time I was headed east between Memphis and Nashville. Some really bad roads in east Arkansas. My reasons are most bumper pulls have a smaller frame, but the big drawback is that 99% of them use a 15" or smaller tire. I have yet to find a tire over load range E which is 10 plys. With a goose neck deck over, you can get 16 inch or larger tires which provide a multitude of tires in a heavier load range. And the gooseneck trailer pull so nice. You won't even know it is there.

Nice looking rig and thanks for your service!!
    Thanks for the advice man! Just have to save a little more for the goose but all good!

I flat towed with my 2001 F150 for a number of years and it did great. Got to be a bit much though going up and down the mountains with the camper in the back AND the YJ on behind. Over the winter I picked up a 2009 F350 V10 from a friend of a friend. Truck has just over 100k on it and was babied it's whole life. Now I just need to freshen up my car trailer and get a bigger camper

IMAG0434.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg
    Direction, then velocity.

I would get a bumper pull trailer for that amount of weight. With that truck, it would pull like a dream. I got a PJ buggy hauler with 2 7k axels. Just got back from Moab and I live in the east, I could travel any speed with confidence. For me itís nice to keep your bed open for gear. Nice truck!

2014 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by John82601 View Post
    I flat towed with my 2001 F150 for a number of years and it did great. Got to be a bit much though going up and down the mountains with the camper in the back AND the YJ on behind. Over the winter I picked up a 2009 F350 V10 from a friend of a friend. Truck has just over 100k on it and was babied it's whole life. Now I just need to freshen up my car trailer and get a bigger camper

IMAG0434.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg
    Nice! I towed with my 03 F150 Supercrew for years trouble free and recently sold her with 200k on the ODO.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718