Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WAYALIFE Old Iron Recovery Rig

Cool WAYALIFE Old Iron Recovery Rig

As some of you may know, the thought of towing a Jeep out to the trail isn't exactly something Cindy or I would ever dream of doing. It's just not our cup of tea and really, we love our Jeeps way too much to not want to drive them every chance we get. Needless to say, the thought of buying a tow rig was never something we've thought about or at least, not until we moved up to Northern Nevada. Unlike our past life where we lived in a condo down by the beach, we now have a ton of room and a crazy desire to fill it up with old iron. While we have been able to drive much of what we have back home, there have been a lot of missed opportunities and only because of our inability to bring them home. And so, our quest to buy our first non-Jeep vehicle in over 25 years began in earnest and after looking far and near for quite some time, we finally came across the exact pickup truck we've been wanting. It did take driving up to Idaho to get it but as of today, we are now the proud owners of a 2006 GMC Sierra 'Classic' 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed 4 Wheel Drive and most importantly, with a 6.6L LBZ Duramax Diesel motor.

Here's a couple of shots of what this truck looked like when we were buying it.

Under the hood.

Inside.

A few shots on our way home.

And finally, we took these shots of our new tow rig soon after bringing it home to Camp WAYALIFE.

Fortunately for us, the previous owner kept it nice, clean and very stock - just the way we like it! We do have plans to give it a little lift and run slightly bigger tires but nothing crazy. We'll post up more pics once it stops raining.

Awesome! The 2500 hd duramax is nice! It paired with the Allison trans makes for a great rig!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Very interesting

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Awesome! The 2500 hd duramax is nice! It paired with the Allison trans makes for a great rig!
    Thanks! Yes, this Duramax is paired with a very nice 6-Speed Allison transmission with manual shift. Super quite, powerful and very fuel efficient.

Nice rig! I'm a die hard GM/Chevy man. Learned how to work on cats building chevy stock cars with my dad and uncle when I was single digits lol Our vehicle besides the Jeep is an z71 Avalanche best damn trucks ever! Congrats on your buy I'll quit babbling now haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Really nice truck! I have heard really good things about the 6.6 duramax. They run forever. Like the color also. We just ordered a 2017 Z71 in a color like that called pepperdust metallic!

Holy shit that is awesome! Congrats!
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by madstiles View Post
    Nice rig! I'm a die hard GM/Chevy man. Learned how to work on cats building chevy stock cars with my dad and uncle when I was single digits lol Our vehicle besides the Jeep is an z71 Avalanche best damn trucks ever! Congrats on your buy I'll quit babbling now haha
    LOL!! We love GM/Chevys too. It's why we have an LS under the hood of Moby and not a HEMI. There's just so much more support for them and tons you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ob_tj View Post
    Really nice truck! I have heard really good things about the 6.6 duramax. They run forever. Like the color also. We just ordered a 2017 Z71 in a color like that called pepperdust metallic!
    No kidding, congrats to you

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Holy shit that is awesome! Congrats!
    Thanks! We really wanted to get a pre-emissions LBZ Duramax and was glad we found one. Amazing power out of the box and can be tuned to give you so much more.

Surprised! That's a great looking truck though, seems very clean and well taken care of!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Congrats! Now you have forced air induction!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast