Anyone else got a Big Black Book?

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone else keep a record/log of all the mods you've done to your Jeep? Got tired of all my packing slips, instructions, data sheets, tips, hints, etc stacked up in my closet in the garage so I decided to get it all organized last Fall.
Everything's in sheet protectors and organized chronologically as to when I did an install of something. Lots of basic info too, like fluid capacities, fastener torque values, etc.
This is super handy when you need to look something up. I know, I know - Google. But sometimes its just handy as Hell having it all at your fingertips. Mine starts with the window sticker & goes from there....

0209171920.jpg

0209171920a.jpg

0209171921 (1).jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I have all my receipts/invoices on my PC. Also have the instructions and the like for everything I've installed in a file folder. But your idea is much more organized. Good work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eugene

I have all my receipts/invoices on my PC. Also have the instructions and the like for everything I've installed in a file folder. But your idea is much more organized. Good work.

I do the file folder thing, too. The binder idea with sheet protectors is pretty clever, though. Might have to give that some thought.

scull20

Anyone else keep a record/log of all the mods you've done to your Jeep? Got tired of all my packing slips, instructions, data sheets, tips, hints, etc stacked up in my closet in the garage so I decided to get it all organized last Fall.
Everything's in sheet protectors and organized chronologically as to when I did an install of something. Lots of basic info too, like fluid capacities, fastener torque values, etc.
This is super handy when you need to look something up. I know, I know - Google. But sometimes its just handy as Hell having it all at your fingertips. Mine starts with the window sticker & goes from there....

View attachment 243349

View attachment 243350

View attachment 243351

I can't wait to tell nicole about your use of sheet protectors...we should own stock in those with how many she uses for her school lesson plans haha!

It's definitely nice to have a book like that. Most of my stuff is strewn between the house and garage, folded/crumpled and otherwise full of oil and grime.

RonG

I have a box in the garage that all the instructions, packing slips, etc. gets dumped in along with old parts and anything else. Mine is also sorted chronologically... the deeper you go in the box, the older it is (kind of like an archeology dig).

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I'm keeping an album of the mods I've done so far to my electrical system.

http://imgur.com/a/TvfCE

And an album of Tips and Tricks I've learned about the JKs. This helps me with quick references to part numbers and the like.

http://imgur.com/a/Ehcvy

These are live albums, and will update as I mod the rig and learn new tricks.

Daamn, man - that's a whole different level! Love the stirrup idea! I have an old western saddle I may have to steal a stirrup off of for my wife.

RjSkippy

Cool idea! I keep the receipts in a file but actually took a composition book and started logging each mod and when it was done in that book. I also log maintenance in it for my own records.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

Daamn, man - that's a whole different level! Love the stirrup idea! I have an old western saddle I may have to steal a stirrup off of for my wife.

This is exactly why im making these links public. I hope to inspire others to try new things, and also prevent the endless searching to find solutions to the common problems that everyone has.

Top Bottom