Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Towing a Jeep Wrangler with a motorhome

Very nice set-up. I just did the EJS in Moab, trailered my jeep behind my F250 6.7. I have a Featherlite 18' 3110 flatbed trailer. No problems going up and over the Sierras, and was able to run 75-80 through NV and UT. Stayed in a motel, but spent quite a bit of time in the evenings outside by the truck/trailer enjoying a cigar and a cocktail. So, started thinking about ways to make that a bit more comfortable. Looking at RV's, what I have found so far, the Allegro Bus offers the shortest RV with the most HP and towing capacity. My jeep will not flat tow, so I am stuck with 20' of trailer; a 40' RV puts me too close to the max vehicle limits here in CA. The 37' Allegro looks like a good choice. Would you have any comments on what to look for, do you stay in the RV at jeep events or in a motel, any reason why this is a bad choice?

Thanks

Knows a Thing or Two HoosierWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrota76 View Post
    Anyone towing with the Ford F-450 V10? I'm not a 1%er, so i couldn't afford the 450 HP diesel pictured above, yeah I'm jealous. I have a 33' and it has a 5000 lb hitch. I just don't know if i have the juice to tow a Jeep JKU.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sorry replied to the wrong post. Try this again.

I've been looking into this and I think you are pushing the limits with the V10. I think they are only rated for 5000 lbs (and that includes all the stuff you are hauling). Because of this I've been looking pretty hard at diesel Super Cs like the Thor 35 footers. I really want 10k towing capacity and an RV 30 ft or under but I don't think it is made expect super expensive stuff like Earth Roamers. You may want to check out the Thor diesel super Cs.

Quote Originally Posted by scrota76 View Post
    Anyone towing with the Ford F-450 V10? I'm not a 1%er, so i couldn't afford the 450 HP diesel pictured above, yeah I'm jealous. I have a 33' and it has a 5000 lb hitch. I just don't know if i have the juice to tow a Jeep JKU.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I have a 30' Ford F-450, V10 motor home that we flat tow our 4d jk. Our RV can tow up to 7500 lbs. I don't even feel it behind us! I use a road master tow bar along with the Patriot braking system.20161105_160849.jpg

JK-Pabe - Nice! I'm really wanting to stay under 30 ft myself. I may need to go check these out. 7500 lbs would work nicely even if I add on a couple dirt bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierWolf View Post
    JK-Pabe - Nice! I'm really wanting to stay under 30 ft myself. I may need to go check these out. 7500 lbs would work nicely even if I add on a couple dirt bikes.
    The model of RV we have came in two chassis the Chevy was rated to tow 5,000 lbs and the Ford chassis is rated for 7,500 lbs.

Thank you for the info. I'm going to be doing a lot of RV shopping in the next year while we make some decision. This really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierWolf View Post
    Thank you for the info. I'm going to be doing a lot of RV shopping in the next year while we make some decision. This really helps.
    A friend of mine has a motor home for sale in Ft Wayne, your in Indy? I'll be in Indy over the weekend but if you want details of it I can get them for you monday

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Our is 38 ft with GM 8.1 L and Allison transmission rated to tow 6000 lbs. Today was our first small voyage with the Jeep in tow. All went pretty smoothly. Saturday we will give it a much bigger test and head out to BCIMG_0897.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    A friend of mine has a motor home for sale in Ft Wayne, your in Indy? I'll be in Indy over the weekend but if you want details of it I can get them for you monday

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sorry, I didn't even see this post until now. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet anyway. Still deciding what we want.

Caught the Bug Boondocker Farms's Avatar
    This is our set up, I installed the wiring kit from Jeep for the brake/turn/running lights, installed a M&G Brake System (very slick!!) and Rock Hard Connects on the bumper to attach to the Demco Tow Bar. IMG_0499.jpg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast