Wheel diversity

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was going to get my slabs coated, but couldn't decide on a color and didn't want to wait so I left them black. Best part about white is you could really go with any color, and it will look good.

OhNoTheJiggies

Yeah, I like the red. My Jeep is white, and I'm considering picking up a used set of Level 8 Bully Pros and having them powdercoated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I plastidipped mine red. Wanted to see if I would like it, and I really love it so I'll get em powdered some time in the probably distant future. Want to get a few things done before the powder coating... sport cage, and tire carrier mainly.

OhNoTheJiggies

Plastidip. I didn't consider that option. How well has it been holding up?

Very well actually. Scrubbing it clean with a wheel sponge, bumper em several times with a socket and expected the paint to peel up but it hasn't. One of the wheels has a small knock in it (about the size of a grain of rice). They've been plastidipped for about a year now. Used one full can per wheel. Looked fine after half a can but I wanted to make sure it was thick enough to stick and to be able to peel off in one piece if I didn't like it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The new "IN" is dark tint over machined surface; it gives a bronze"ish" feel. The Race-line Shift and Black Rhino Tanay are two good references (linked below).

What he said ^^^ Bronze-ish or even copper is the new "IN". I haven't seen it as much in the off-road world but then, it's always been a bit slow to catch up on trends like this.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm really coming back around to polished wheels. I don't mean chromed, but more like brushed aluminum. I'm not crazy about the bronze thing.

IMG_8310.jpg
IMG_8311.jpg
IMG_8312.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really coming back around to polished wheels. I don't mean chromed, but more like brushed aluminum. I'm not crazy about the bronze thing.

I'm with you 100%. There was a lot of the bronze thing going on at SEMA last year and while it looks nice and all, it's not my thing. Black wheels are nice and I'd still run them but everyone and their mother has them. Maybe because of it, they're kind of boring to me now and that's why we've been going back to bling as you have seen on Moby, Rubicat and even Jane :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, here's a shot of what's "IN" right now.

20161102213808-d3c56282-me.jpg

r2fasani

The bronze thing is interesting, but already feels too gimmicky. Maybe it was the 75th anniversary trim. I still like the black, but Rubicat's bling really grew on me quickly.

Top Bottom