Synergy tie rod

jeeeep

Hooked
was the taper sleeve a tight fit? if so, get a dremel grinding stone and grind just a little bit at a time until the taper sleeve fits in somewhat easily.

when you grind remember to maintain the taper and don't grind all the way to the bottom of the knuckle hole you don't want a lot of side play on the TRE shaft - grind only the depth of the tapered sleeve

you can set the depth of the grinding stone to go barely below the end of the taper. important to work slow and in at circle to keep the hole even the length of the taper

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
was the taper sleeve a tight fit? if so, get a dremel grinding stone and grind just a little bit at a time until the taper sleeve fits in somewhat easily.

when you grind remember to maintain the taper and don't grind all the way to the bottom of the knuckle hole you don't want a lot of side play on the TRE shaft - grind only the depth of the tapered sleeve

you can set the depth of the grinding stone to go barely below the end of the taper. important to work slow and in at circle to keep the hole even the length of the taper

Will do. Wasn't that tight, but was tight. The ones for the ruff stuff tie rod went in easier. So I'll use the dremel on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I meant 55. Don't know why I put 85. This is my current problem. Talked to synergy and said that Since I used the 7/8 bit it's at .875 and it needs to be around .9-.925 so the tie rod can seat more.

View attachment 245623 View attachment 245624

I'm going to order one of these tie rods tonight. Did you drill it out bigger with a 15/16th ? Just want to make sure I have everything I need.

Top Bottom