558″ of SNOW : Mt Rose, NV = Snowiest Ski Resort in North America

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This winter has definitely been NUTS for us up here in Northern Nevada! I just saw the following article that has Mt. Rose listed as being the snowiest ski resort in North America with 558" of the white stuff sitting on top of it. Check it out!

20170213190419-adff446b.png

In fact, the Top 7 resorts with the most snow are all up in our local mountains:

7) Northstar, CA – 451″
6) Squaw Valley, CA – 456″
5) Heavenly, CA – 464″
4) Boreal, CA – 470″
3) Kirkwood, CA – 484″
2) Sugar Bowl, CA – 536″
1) Mt Rose, NV – 558″

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2017/02/snowiest-ski-resorts-in-north-america

:crazyeyes:

Napalm

It was 80 yesterday in Texas... [emoji58]

We have four seasons here. Warm Summer, Summer, hot Summer, and Christmas. I would love some of that snow!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile appw

Last edited:

TRLJNKY

You know Eddie, someone over the weekend told me Mt Rose got over 500" and I though they were bat chit crazy. As I drove home to Carson looking toward Mt Rose I thought to myself "yup Im right they are crazy as all hell" and went about my business. 558" is almost 50'!!! There is no freakin way!!! And than Eddie throws out the stats and I feel like a total schmuk lmao

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

WJCO

Meme King
That's nuts. I was picturing 4 basketball hoops stacked on top of each other to even comprehend that.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've been hitting Mt. Rose every weekend for a while now. It's crazy how much snow is up there and more is on the way.

Unless we get a scorcher of a summer, there will be snow drifts in the Sierras that are likely to last to next year.

Camping will be fantastic. Well, except for the mosquitos.

Journeyman

That's awesome [emoji122] we need it so bad!
reminds for of 1999 when at the time my home mountain in Washington state, Mount Baker set a world record of 1280" if recall right it came out 88'

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fantastic! 558" is flat out impressive. Can't wait to see snow in August. lol

Now only if we can get a few more years of this.

longarmwj

That's wild. Here in Georgia we can have all four seasons in one week. Like last month, we had snow and ice on Saturday in Sunday, then Monday it was in the 50s, Tuesday back into the 30s, and Wednesday-Friday it was 70 :doh:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Love the snow! Not much up this way this year! Didn't make it out west this season! Looks like fun!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well, in the nine days since Eddie started this thread, we have received about another 78" of snow. Mt. Rose is now reporting 636" (53 feet!) of snow for the season, with a current average base depth of 216" (18 feet!). :wings:

That is a crapton of snow to have still sitting up in the Sierras at the beginning of March. If we get a prolonged spring rain, both sides of the Sierras are likely to become massive lakes with all of the flooding. The ground is already so saturated that I'm not sure there is anywhere left for the water to go. :eek:

benatc1

Hooked
Well, in the nine days since Eddie started this thread, we have received about another 78" of snow. Mt. Rose is now reporting 636" (53 feet!) of snow for the season, with a current average base depth of 216" (18 feet!). :wings:

That is a crapton of snow to have still sitting up in the Sierras at the beginning of March. If we get a prolonged spring rain, both sides of the Sierras are likely to become massive lakes with all of the flooding. The ground is already so saturated that I'm not sure there is anywhere left for the water to go. :eek:

It's crazy how much we've gotten, and your right there is nowhere for the water right now. Everything is mud under this recent snow. Hoping for a nice summer

Trail Bud

Hooked

It could be interesting this spring depending on what happens with the weather.
Mammoth has 500" for the year to date. It's weird how Mt Rose got so much.

Top Bottom