Favorite place to stargaze

Maybe a silly thread but being that we all have the luxury of removing our tops, we have a unique opportunity to watch the sky unlike any others.

So, where do you all like to go?
My all time favorites are castle valley Utah near Moab. It's a must every time I make the trip.
Yellowstone is another epic place and just outside my old hometown of Snoqualmie Wa.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wowcool

Not silly at all! I have always been a stargazer. I love in Phoenix, AZ and trips up to The Flagstaff mountains or Grand Canyon are always great. I love using the stargaze4 app on my phone to scout the sky.

Anyone able or planning on making a trip to see the total solar eclipse in August?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Modit

We went down to Nelson's landing on the Colorado river one night and were amazed at the stars we could see.
I haven't found anyplace that close to Vegas where there was so little light pollution.

wtex

Near Cloudcroft, New Mexico. High elevation, dry air, clear skies, no light pollution. It's near perfect.

longarmwj

Bell Mountain way up in the Georgia mountains. Zero to no light pollution from big cities so it's beautiful up there on a clear night.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I live in Phoenix Az and I like to run the Apache Trail out past the paved roads. No one much is out there other than a few rare campers. I pack a sandwich or two and enjoy. I do generally wait until the night temps are in the low 80's. the best part is there are no lights and you are well outside the city so the stars are super plentiful.

Kalums

I like going out to Stoneman Lake on a new moon I can usually see the milky way and tons of other sites bring a telescope and bam it's amazing all the constellations you find

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

Maybe a silly thread but being that we all have the luxury of removing our tops, we have a unique opportunity to watch the sky unlike any others.

So, where do you all like to go?
My all time favorites are castle valley Utah near Moab. It's a must every time I make the trip.
Yellowstone is another epic place and just outside my old hometown of Snoqualmie Wa.

My favorite is Lands End on top of the Grand Mesa (west end) overlooking Grand Junction, CO. First you get a magnificent sunset toward Moab then you get the blackest sky with, as Carl Sagan would say, "BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF STARS!"

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wizno

Right outside Tucson on Redington Pass Rd. Nice thing about Tucson is that you don't have to go too far to get out of the light pollution.

16992302_10106258839691932_4465883562419476731_o.jpg

Right outside Tucson on Redington Pass Rd. Nice thing about Tucson is that you don't have to go too far to get out of the light pollution.

16992302_10106258839691932_4465883562419476731_o.jpg

Nice pic. I love Tucson. I had a couple buddies from high school that went to U of A and I visited them a few times. It's beautiful out there.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Out on the fan tail at 0000 under darken ship in the middle of the pond. More stars than you can imagine. If a picture paints a thousand words, that site speaks volumes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I stargaze by southwest suburbs of Chicago... usually I spot one start but sometimes two [emoji24].....
I hate you guys, I wish I was out west too.
With all seriousness though I am planning a trip out west and can't wait to stargaze, I was always fascinated by looking into stars [emoji92]

Good thread, I will note the locations, Thanks

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom