SHIPPING SILLINESS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I can't be the only one who thinks that the packaging for some of the products we buy and have shipped to us is just silly. For instance, I just order up a couple of o-rings that cost .24¢ a piece and paid $5 to have them shipped. For sure, I get that someone needed to make it worth their time but really, the o-rings could have just been mailed out in an envelope. Of course, what I got was a heavy duty foot long box filled with thick craft paper and sealed with industrial staples and tape! All this for just a couple of tiny o-rings...

20170213185025-ea88685b-me.jpg

It's just nuts I tell ya :crazyeyes:

WJCO

Meme King
Great thread and so true. I hate getting little stuff like that in a big ass box. I also hate all the childproof packaging on the toys nowadays. I nearly had an emergency room visit opening one my kids' toys last week from the sharp plastic that required the jaws of life to open it.

LOL! My cock rings came in an envelope.

Lol. :cheesy:

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Rockauto's shipping prices are all kinds of wtf.

ra1.JPG
ra2.JPG

The switch weighed almost nothing and it was $15 to ship, the starter on the other hand weighed several pounds and costs $8 to ship and no charge to ship back the core????????????

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Great thread and so true. I hate getting little stuff like that in a big ass box. I also hate all the childproof packaging on the toys nowadays. I nearly had an emergency room visit opening one my kids' toys last week from the sharp plastic that required the jaws of life to open it.

Lol. :cheesy:

True. I bought a knife at a hardware store, and cut my hand. Not with the knife, on the plastic it was in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dchew

Caught the Bug
On the flip side, I just got some Wayalife swag. Shirt and some decals. One usps envelope, all nicely fit with no extra air. Patagonia, who is a fairly sustainable organization, could learn a few things from Wayalife.

Dave
:thumb:

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

duktrx

Couple weeks ago, ordered my Truck Lites and the horizontal adjustment screws. The lights came with half a roll of shrink wrap encasing the original box, and the shipping label stuck on. The screws arrived in a 24"x18"x24" box, two little baggies stapled together, wrapped in bubble wrap, and half the amazon rainforest in the form of craft paper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jamesrw30

I work for Motorola Solutions and they are absolutely terrible about this sort of thing. We order parts for repairing radios and they will send a pack of 5 labels in a plastic bag, stapled 4 or 5 times, in a box large enough to put a couple of midgets in. It always makes me just shake my head.

jesse3638

Hooked
Not so much of a peeve against the shipper but more of a parental rant towards the kids. When you receive something and it's packaged with those air filled pods, (forget the name right now) and they stuff them in an empty kitchen trash can without deflating them filling up the whole thing. It takes a minute and is fun to pop them and once done they take up no more than a couple empty plastic bags.

OK back to shipping silliness. I hate large boxes with small parts and and abundance of packing peanuts. It's like a needle in a hay stack and you usually have no other option but to dump the box out because the item slid under one of the bottom flaps.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I ordered off Amazon. Expected arrival date was Feb 21-24. Got a tracking number from USPS yesterday and it's already in Denver and may make it to me today, for sure by tomorrow. Glad it's here but what the heck?

WJCO

Meme King
I ordered off Amazon. Expected arrival date was Feb 21-24. Got a tracking number from USPS yesterday and it's already in Denver and may make it to me today, for sure by tomorrow. Glad it's here but what the heck?

I've had horrible luck with USPS this year. There's many times where a package just sits in Denver for 3 days with no movement. About a year ago, the USPS was awesome up here. Don't know what happened since then.

black pearl

Hooked
I've had horrible luck with USPS this year. There's many times where a package just sits in Denver for 3 days with no movement. About a year ago, the USPS was awesome up here. Don't know what happened since then.

Any chance I get I request anyone but USPS they can't ever hit there dead line delivery dates I even had amazon contact me and refund all my shipping charges on one package because USPS was so late with one package

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Modit

I'm usually amazed at how cheap it is to ship stuff nowadays. Many times, for less than a cheap lunch at McDonalds somebody will pick up a package and deliver it hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away. Amazing!
I can put a stamp on a card or letter and somebody will come to my house, pick it up, and deliver it to my sister's house all the way across the country in 4 DAYS! For less than a buck!

I did have an odd one a while back though. I wanted to ship an empty gun case to my mom's house in FL so I could bring some guns back with me when I went to visit her.
It was almost as cheap to buy a new gun case and have it shipped to her for free as it would have been for me to ship the empty case to her.

I will have to agree that there is some oddity in the scale of the boxes for things I order thru Amazon though.

Top Bottom