Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evo plush rides + Fox 2.0 IFP's = wallowy ride w/ "head toss"

I'm running a 3" Enforcer w/ Fox 2.0's w/ res. I've noticed the ride to be like what you mentioned when I'm running light but as soon as I have passengers or run additional weight, it rides completely different-soft and plush.

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    The sways are definitely bolted on. Not sure how to check if it's electrically connected- I guess I could unbolt one end and see if it moves.

Here's the links- I took this pic just now.

IMG_5653
    that sway bar link looks really short - is your sway bar level with the frame?

are your links the same length on both sides?

same with rear links?
    Last edited by jeeeep; 02-16-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    that sway bar link looks really short - is your sway bar level with the frame?

are your links the same length on both sides?

same with rear links?
    It's level. I have the EVO drag link flip that raises the lower mount up about 3". I checked and everything is solid and bolted on. It tracks great on the highway, hands off at 70+mph. It's just whishy washy on uneven roads. I think it's just the softer springs. With the RK springs, the upper section is collapsed so you're riding on the mid-section of the coil. With the straight rate soft springs, they just keep squishing instead of stiffening up as the jeep leans.

Now that you mention it, I didn't re-adjust the front sway bar links after removing the front driver's side 1/2" spacer to level the front end out. There might be some pre-load on it.
    Last edited by zimm; 02-16-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    It's level. I have the EVO drag link flip that raises the lower mount up about 3". I checked and everything is solid and bolted on. It tracks great on the highway, hands off at 70+mph. It's just whishy washy on uneven roads. I think it's just the softer springs. With the RK springs, the upper section is collapsed so you're riding on the mid-section of the coil. With the straight rate soft springs, they just keep squishing instead of stiffening up as the jeep leans.
    I'm running the 4" plush with Rancho 9000 - drag link flip etc... I don't get that wishy washy feeling. that's odd

Nothing but a Thing
    I installed EVO spec King 2.5 adjustable shocks today. Problem fixed! I've been paying close attention to how my jeep rode on a certain road that has abrupt rises and falls where every side street comes in. With the fox shocks, I think they're really lacking rebound. When hitting the rise, the jeep shoots up quick, then hangs there before coming back down. The kings don't do that at all. The jeep goes up a little bit, then back down. No more "head toss" or bobbles.

I know the kings have a lot more rebound because I can collapse them with the floor jack, drop the jack, and have plenty of time to get the lower end of the shock into the mount because it's extending slowly. The fox shocks extend so quick on their own, there's no way to do that. Also I can compress the king shocks by hand, can't do that with the fox's.

I haven't even played with the adjusters yet, they're on the softest setting.

Super happy, which I would have bought them in the first place instead of wasting money on two versions of Fox shocks.

Attachment 256975Attachment 256976

Nothing but a Thing AZ Explorer's Avatar
    That's fantastic! I run the Kings too but without the adjusters and I love them. Maybe you can recoup some of your money since the Fox's seem to work good with stiffer spring and they are popular. Somebody will want them.

Awesome job figuring it out. Those kings are nice!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great feedback! I am running same Fox shocks and feel the same effect. Glad to hear the kings fixed the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123