Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Towing camping trailers

We're looking at these too. Wife found these: http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/products/light-weight
    We're looking at the Vista Cruiser 19CSK model. Its a little pricey though. We've seen some others I can't recall
    the name of. I told her we had to stick to 3000# so we had room for all of the shit we'll have to bring along.

Looks like the 2dr tow ratings are the same as 4dr: http://www.jeep.com/en/jeep-capabili...#Wrangler4Tab*

Edit: somethings up with that chart. The 2014 2dr max is 2000# but the 2017 2dr is 3500#?
    Last edited by Ddays; 02-22-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Lower then 3:73 2 door and 4 door are 2000 4 doors with 3:73 and up are 3500

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    What model jeep do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    It's the wheelbase that limits your towing, which is why 2000 pounds is the max for a 2dr. I'd look into pop ups or a small a-frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    We're looking at these too. Wife found these: http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/products/light-weight
    We're looking at the Vista Cruiser 19CSK model. Its a little pricey though. We've seen some others I can't recall
    the name of. I told her we had to stick to 3000# so we had room for all of the shit we'll have to bring along.

Looks like the 2dr tow ratings are the same as 4dr: http://www.jeep.com/en/jeep-capabili...#Wrangler4Tab*
    Thanks guys. I found this chart earlier but agree to go lighter bc it being loaded down and my 35s and all

IMG_1487795318.469584.jpg

I would really like the featherlight 19' trailers they make but i think 3k unloaded is just a smidge to heavy for me. Going to maybe look into like a 17' or 15' with electric brakes. I think i would be okay with that. Thoughts?

Nothing but a Thing
    Attachment 245418In 2016 they upped the 2dr 3.73 and 4.10 models to 3,500 pounds, but there's a 25 square foot frontal area limitation too. 4 Doors limited to 32sq/ft.
    Last edited by zimm; 02-22-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregMort13 View Post
    Thanks guys. I found this chart earlier but agree to go lighter bc it being loaded down and my 35s and all

IMG_1487795318.469584.jpg

I would really like the featherlight 19' trailers they make but i think 3k unloaded is just a smidge to heavy for me. Going to maybe look into like a 17' or 15' with electric brakes. I think i would be okay with that. Thoughts?

Electric breaks and weight distribution kits help but still wouldn't push the weight limit to much can also get away with a little more if you were to have a manual... but those limits are there for a reason also you should run synthetic gear oil in the rear when towing a lot

^^ There you go. I didn't go chart to chart to see the difference.

Read this too. Explains why you do NOT want to get too large of a trailer. I read this a couple times before the info sunk in but its worth it. Article is based around a Wrangler too.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/tow-me-down-1609112611

Yeah, i was looking at pop ups but really like the idea of an actual camper, even if its only 15ft

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    ^^ There you go. I didn't go chart to chart to see the difference.

Read this too. Explains why you do NOT want to get too large of a trailer. I read this a couple times before the info sunk in but its worth it. Article is based around a Wrangler too.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/tow-me-down-1609112611
    That's a good article

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GregMort13 View Post
    Yeah, i was looking at pop ups but really like the idea of an actual camper, even if its only 15ft

It also depends on how fast you are going to try to tow it. It's not so much as to whether or not it will move it, but more about stability & stopping it.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    It also depends on how fast you are going to try to tow it. It's not so much as to whether or not it will move it, but more about stability & stopping it.

Exactly. That article explains the dynamics involved pretty well. Speed is a huge factor and one of the biggest reasons why ratings are different between USA & Europe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast