no more hiway wondering

woof359

after adding my 2 1/2 lift I had what most people experience, constant wondering back and forth driving down the road, today I added longer front lower control arms, rechecked the alignment and I got all my stock caster and then some, when new caster was 3.8, after the list it dropped to 2.7 and with the new arms it at 4.1, nice going down the inter state at 70 and no more correcting back and forth:beer:

after adding my 2 1/2 lift I had what most people experience, constant wondering back and forth driving down the road, today I added longer front lower control arms, rechecked the alignment and I got all my stock caster and then some, when new caster was 3.8, after the list it dropped to 2.7 and with the new arms it at 4.1, nice going down the inter state at 70 and no more correcting back and forth:beer:

Nice, glad you're happy with your new lift and the way it rides.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Amazing what proper caster will do for you. Glad to hear your Jeep is tracking straight again :thumb:

i did the same, after adjusting my caster to 5.0 no more wondering

So long as you're running a factory front drive shaft, you should be fine with 5° but if you're running an aftermarket shaft, I would recommend that you bring that back down to 4° which is what it should be. Failure to do this can lead to drive line vibrations especially if you're running 5.13 gears or higher and that can lead to a transfer case housing crack. Ask me how I know.

im wondering if the back get adjusted the same to an angle

A factory rear drive shaft won't matter what it's set at. If you're running and aftermarket shaft, it should be set in line with your pinion. Caster is ONLY something you set for your front axle.

woof359

imput

I was going to go with relocation brackets but after getting a lot of feed back from every body I went with arms, worked out for the best I think

Top Bottom