Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back Up Camera (PAC BCI-CH21 w/ Raxiom)

Fresh Catch
    I have same setup. Only problem is I'm getting no power from the red wire on the PAC harness labeled Rear Camera 10v power. I had to get power by tapping into the reverse light. But now I can't force on the reverse camera. Do you think it's the unit or maybe the fuse is blown on the harness's reverse camera power wire?

Been Around the Block FallonJeeper's Avatar
    If you have the power wire gong to reverse light, you'll only have power when in reverse and won't be able to force on, when not in reverse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just bought this kit. The install went smooth (thanks to Rubicon310's writeup). Because I have 35" tires and had relocated my tag and 3rd brake light to the center of the spare I couldn't use the camera mounting bracket that came with the camera. The camera kit comes with a hole drill bit in case you want or need to mount the camera in another location. I ended up drilling and mounting the camera just below the 3rd brake light in the pedistal.
    0823171518_HDR.jpg
    Once the system was installed I noticed a substantial delay in the amount of time between shifting into reverse and getting a rear view...sometimes as much as a 20-30 second delay. It appeared the PAC BCI module was working properly because the 430N radio screen was switching and a "Check Entire Surroundings" notification was visable....just no visable rear view. I called PAC Tech support (kudos to Dave & Ernie with whom I spoke). They had me do 2 things..
    1. Move the camera power & ground leads to a switched power source (dash 12v outlet)
    2. Disconnect BCI module and harnesses, restore factory config, then reconnect BCI harnesses and module using a 6-page detailed instruction doc from their website to allow module to properly initialize. Once that was done, everything worked great.

Great mod, reasonable price, no dealer 'flash' required.

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine View Post
    I have same setup. Only problem is I'm getting no power from the red wire on the PAC harness labeled Rear Camera 10v power. I had to get power by tapping into the reverse light. But now I can't force on the reverse camera. Do you think it's the unit or maybe the fuse is blown on the harness's reverse camera power wire?
    I'm sorry, I've been away for a while. I had some major family emergencies that didn't allow me time to think of jeeps. Anyhow, I have read of others having the same issue you mentioned. I think it's best to contact the manufacturer as my install didn't have that problem. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help with your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

I got the PAC BC1-CH21 with this camera:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm only listing the camera so you know exactly which one it is. If you go to the 2nd picture on the left hand side and click on it, right in the middle of all the wiring is red and black wiring. I tired to wire this into the cig. lighter so I would get power from there. But I don't get see anything when I put the Jeep into reverse except for the "Check Entire Surroundings" notification. Bug again, there's no camera screen.

Let me know what other info you may need me to provide in order for your to help me.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bzsurfer; 10-25-2017 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added info

Fresh Catch

camera will not turn off

I wired my black and red wires on the camera to my 12v cigarette outlet. I followed the instructions and have everything else wired as it shows. The problem I am having is the camera stays on all the time and will not turn off. Any suggestions?
    I called Extreme Terrain and they had me call AudioVoxx to try to trouble shoot but they couldn't help with this setup.
    I have a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and one guy from Extreme Terrain mentioned he has heard something like this with the Rubicon models. Anyone else hear of this?

Quote Originally Posted by scottcj06 View Post
    I wired my black and red wires on the camera to my 12v cigarette outlet. I followed the instructions and have everything else wired as it shows. The problem I am having is the camera stays on all the time and will not turn off. Any suggestions?
    I called Extreme Terrain and they had me call AudioVoxx to try to trouble shoot but they couldn't help with this setup.
    I have a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and one guy from Extreme Terrain mentioned he has heard something like this with the Rubicon models. Anyone else hear of this?
    If your cigarette lighter is constantly on (with key off) that's your problem. Constant power there, you need to connect it to a 12 Volt IGNITION source or REVERSE circuit so camera comes on then rather than all the time. And Extreme Terrain sucks balls BTW.
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    If your cigarette lighter is constantly on (with key off) that's your problem. Constant power there, you need to connect it to a 12 Volt IGNITION source or REVERSE circuit so camera comes on then rather than all the time. And Extreme Terrain sucks balls BTW.
    While I was waiting for your response I called Extreme Terrain and they told me to test that too. I did and it doesn't have constant power there. Mind you I only tested that by plugging in a car charger and my phone would not charge. I did not have any other means to test right now.
    When I called them back they said it must be a defective product. I know that could be the case but is there any other thing I can do before I return it to double check?

Quote Originally Posted by scottcj06 View Post
    While I was waiting for your response I called Extreme Terrain and they told me to test that too. I did and it doesn't have constant power there. Mind you I only tested that by plugging in a car charger and my phone would not charge. I did not have any other means to test right now.
    When I called them back they said it must be a defective product. I know that could be the case but is there any other thing I can do before I return it to double check?
    It makes no sense that the camera would be staying on if it was defective unless it has a backup battery. It is receiving power from somewhere somehow. Which 12V socket are you using and what year is your vehicle?
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    It makes no sense that the camera would be staying on if it was defective unless it has a backup battery. It is receiving power from somewhere somehow. Which 12V socket are you using and what year is your vehicle?
    I am using the 12v outlet on the center panel next to the hazard lights. I should mention that when I turn the key off, and before I open to the door and the radio shuts off, this is the only time the camera shuts off and gives me control again of the radio. But once the key is in the ignition the camera comes right on and stays on.
    On that 12v outlet I spliced the red (power) to the blue and purple and the black (negative) to the black and white wire. That is the only wiring I did myself, everything else "should be" plug and play with the wire harnesses.
    I have a 2017 Unlimited Rubicon with a manual trans, not sure if that has anything to do with it.