2015 Willys Wheeler build

grnjeep

Hi all,
New to WAL and have been mostly a lurker reading up on all the great tips in the forums. Bought my first ever jeep in 2015: Willys Wheeler edition w/ manual transmission.
I know I haven't been following the usual progression for mods, but oh well :beer:

2015: Half-doors for the Seattle short summers, shrockworks rock sliders, JW Speaker LED headlights and tail lights
2016: AEV tubeless front bumper and AEV rear bumper (no tire carrier), full metal fabworks plate relocation kit, AFE power cold air intake, AFE power cat-back exhaust
2017: (in progress) 4.56 re-gear, front axle shaft upgrade, ARB lockers, TeraFlex HD tire carrier, and swapping out the front break pads with Black Magic pads
2018: ?

Waiting for these 32 BFG to wear out so I can do the lift and get into some bigger tires!

IMG_0249_s.jpg
IMG_1589_s.jpg
IMG_2154_s.jpg

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Welcome. Thats a nice Willys[emoji1303]. Love that color!

I almost ordered one in tank but I didn't have the patience to wait to see the color in person first back in '14.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

Nice ride, and welcome to WAL.

I've been considering a 4:56 regear on my Willys with manual tranny as I feel it could use some more torque with the 295's I have on it.

Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
Welcome from a fellow Tank Green Jeep owner.

grnjeep

Nice ride, and welcome to WAL.

I've been considering a 4:56 regear on my Willys with manual tranny as I feel it could use some more torque with the 295's I have on it.

Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll let you know how things go. I'm going with Yukon gears based on internet and local shop recommendations. I looked at some charts on-line, but ended up just keeping an eye on my RPMs and then multiplying by 1.22 (4.56/3.73) to see where I'll be when I re-gear.

grnjeep

The Build Continues

It's been a while, but the build continues:

2015: Half-doors for the Seattle short summers, shrockworks rock sliders, JW Speaker LED headlights and tail lights
2016: AEV tubeless front bumper and AEV rear bumper (no tire carrier), full metal fabworks plate relocation kit, AFE power cold air intake, AFE power cat-back exhaust
2017: 4.56 re-gear, front axle shaft upgrade, ARB lockers, TeraFlex HD tire carrier, Rhino Rack pioneer platform, IPF 901XSD Driving Lights, and break pad swap out with Black Magic pads
2018: AEV 3.5" Dualsport Suspension SC, AEV Savegre wheels, and BFG KO2 35X12.5X17 Tires

IMG_3336.jpg

Hi all,
New to WAL and have been mostly a lurker reading up on all the great tips in the forums. Bought my first ever jeep in 2015: Willys Wheeler edition w/ manual transmission.
I know I haven't been following the usual progression for mods, but oh well :beer:

2017: (in progress) 4.56 re-gear, front axle shaft upgrade, ARB lockers, TeraFlex HD tire carrier, and swapping out the front break pads with Black Magic pads
2018: ?

Waiting for these 32 BFG to wear out so I can do the lift and get into some bigger tires!

View attachment 244589
View attachment 244590
View attachment 244591

Last edited:

bmkrinne

Nice looking Jeep, sir! Looks very similar to my ‘12 JKUR Call of Duty, same wheels, bumpers, tires, lift, etc. except I’ve got the stock 3.73 gears.

I really like the army green tho! [emoji106]

Top Bottom