Cherokee & Grand Cherokee Owners

in4low

Lets hear from you MJ, XJ, ZJ, WJ & WK folks about your projects, pics, mods and specs of your rigs. Wayalife has been gracious enough to give YOU! an area to post & show off your stuff. Sooooo lets use it!!!

Last edited:

uhporkchop

The Manche

I never did a build thread on the truck as the whole forum deal was new to me until about a year ago, but here is a short list of what has been done to the truck over the years. It is not the extreme crawler many of you have here but it has made easy work of the trails we have had it out on (Moab and locally). It has always been a daily driver until recently after acquiring a 08 JKUR.

ENGINE
- Rebuilt Renix 6 cylinder long block (not sure when it was rebuilt, previous owner did not know exact mileage, inspection and compression shows great shape, no oil leaks or oil consumption. Power steering pump has developed slow leak recently just haven't repaired/replaced yet.)
- H.O. intake
- H.O. throttle body and 60mm spacer
- JBA header
- Magna flow exhaust
- Spectre cold air intake
- IBS dual battery system with RBM (http://ibs-tech.ch/en/products/dual-battery-system.html)
- Optima yellow top batteries
- JKS motor mounts
- New platinum plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
- Electric cooling fans: wired to thermo plug and manual switch in dash

DRIVETRAIN
- AX 15 5spd
- Hurst short shift
- New clutch, slave/throwout bearing, pilot bearing.
- Teralow 4:1
- Slipyoke eliminator kit
- Dana 30 front axle(outer C gussets), ARB locker, Cromoly axles, Superior axle tube seals, 4.56 gears
- Dana 44 rear full floater, Detroit locker, Warn axle flanges, cromoly axles, 4.56 gears

SUSPENSION
- CBI Offroad radius arm long arm with Rustys coils
- CBI 3/16 unit body weld-on bracing kit (steering gear box, and both left and right front frame bracing)
- Rear springs custom arched and shackled for heavier loads
- JKS adjustable coil over spacer up front
- JKS sway quick discos
- Currie Currectlync Heavy Duty Tie rod system steering components
- Blistein 5150 front shocks
- Rancho 9000 rear shocks
- Currie steering gearbox brace

ARMOR
- CBI custom front bumper (powder coated black) with Ramsey REP 8.5e winch
- Custom transfer case skids
- Custom fuel tank skid
- Custom rear spring skids
- Custom rocker panel sliders
- Custom rear bumper (powder coated black) with winch plate for future addition of rear winch
- CBI swing out tire carrier,hilift jack, and fuel jug carrier, with fold down table.
- Warn front and rear diff armor

INTERIOR
- Rock Hard full custom cage painted to match exterior
- IBS dual battery monitoring display
- Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio
- Panasonic head unit (Radio, CD, Aux, MP3 hookup)
- 200 watt amp
- Synrace hand throttle on gear shift
- Tach mounted on steering column
- Contour switches in dash for ARB compressor, locker, Drive lights, Fans, Aux.

EXTERIOR
- The bed was bobbed about 10 inches as this was a long bed originally.
- Smittybilt fender flares
- Hood vents
- Hella 500 Driving lights
- Mickey Thompson 15x8 wheels
- Inner Air Locks internal bead locks (similar to the old Stuans) install with new tires.
- BF Goodrich KM2 35" tires (1000 miles)
- CBI Custom bed cage (new, have not powder coated incase more welding mods are needed in near future)
- Custom canvas cover with roll up or zip out windows
- Tuffy side bed box (aluminum)
- Truck-tool-box aluminum drawer (48" x 24" x 10")
- ARB 53 quart fridge/freezer
- ARB fridge slider
- ARB Simpson III roof top tent (modular mounting)

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I never did a build thread on the truck as the whole forum deal was new to me until about a year ago, but here is a short list of what has been done to the truck over the years. It is not the extreme crawler many of you have here but it has made easy work of the trails we have had it out on (Moab and locally). It has always been a daily driver until recently after acquiring a 08 JKUR.

I still get a little weak in the knees every time I see photos of your Comanche. It may not be a serious crawler but it is set up right!:thumb:

uhporkchop

I still get a little weak in the knees every time I see photos of your Comanche. It may not be a serious crawler but it is set up right!:thumb:

Thanks Linebacker.....it has been a love/hate relationship as it took much time to finally get all the kinks worked out, but I guess that was Jeep for ya back then. We are new to the JK and so far it seems much more reliable right out of the box. However it will be a new adventure with our JK build in the future.....hopefully I will learn enough here to get it right the first time on the JK unlike the trial and error on the MJ in the past.

View attachment 14235

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Thanks Linebacker.....it has been a love/hate relationship as it took much time to finally get all the kinks worked out, but I guess that was Jeep for ya back then. We are new to the JK and so far it seems much more reliable right out of the box. However it will be a new adventure with our JK build in the future.....hopefully I will learn enough here to get it right the first time on the JK unlike the trial and error on the MJ in the past.

View attachment 14235

Nice, I followed this on Commanche Club, My 1990 is still stock. Except for the Hanson bumpers. I really cant wait to toss all the vacuum lines off:rolleyes2:

in4low

Jeep Comanche

Nice rig, looks like it was built with care and thought. Great Job! and glad to see and read about it. Thank's:thumb:

ENGINE
- Rebuilt Renix 6 cylinder long block (not sure when it was rebuilt, previous owner did not know exact mileage, inspection and compression shows great shape, no oil leaks or oil consumption. Power steering pump has developed slow leak recently just haven't repaired/replaced yet.)
- H.O. intake
- H.O. throttle body and 60mm spacer
- JBA header
- Magna flow exhaust
- Spectre cold air intake
- IBS dual battery system with RBM (http://ibs-tech.ch/en/products/dual-battery-system.html)
- Optima yellow top batteries
- JKS motor mounts
- New platinum plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
- Electric cooling fans: wired to thermo plug and manual switch in dash

DRIVETRAIN
- AX 15 5spd
- Hurst short shift
- New clutch, slave/throwout bearing, pilot bearing.
- Teralow 4:1
- Slipyoke eliminator kit
- Dana 30 front axle(outer C gussets), ARB locker, Cromoly axles, Superior axle tube seals, 4.56 gears
- Dana 44 rear full floater, Detroit locker, Warn axle flanges, cromoly axles, 4.56 gears

SUSPENSION
- CBI Offroad radius arm long arm with Rustys coils
- CBI 3/16 unit body weld-on bracing kit (steering gear box, and both left and right front frame bracing)
- Rear springs custom arched and shackled for heavier loads
- JKS adjustable coil over spacer up front
- JKS sway quick discos
- Currie Currectlync Heavy Duty Tie rod system steering components
- Blistein 5150 front shocks
- Rancho 9000 rear shocks
- Currie steering gearbox brace

ARMOR
- CBI custom front bumper (powder coated black) with Ramsey REP 8.5e winch
- Custom transfer case skids
- Custom fuel tank skid
- Custom rear spring skids
- Custom rocker panel sliders
- Custom rear bumper (powder coated black) with winch plate for future addition of rear winch
- CBI swing out tire carrier,hilift jack, and fuel jug carrier, with fold down table.
- Warn front and rear diff armor

INTERIOR
- Rock Hard full custom cage painted to match exterior
- IBS dual battery monitoring display
- Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio
- Panasonic head unit (Radio, CD, Aux, MP3 hookup)
- 200 watt amp
- Synrace hand throttle on gear shift
- Tach mounted on steering column
- Contour switches in dash for ARB compressor, locker, Drive lights, Fans, Aux.

EXTERIOR
- The bed was bobbed about 10 inches as this was a long bed originally.
- Smittybilt fender flares
- Hood vents
- Hella 500 Driving lights
- Mickey Thompson 15x8 wheels
- Inner Air Locks internal bead locks (similar to the old Stuans) install with new tires.
- BF Goodrich KM2 35" tires (1000 miles)
- CBI Custom bed cage (new, have not powder coated incase more welding mods are needed in near future)
- Custom canvas cover with roll up or zip out windows
- Tuffy side bed box (aluminum)
- Truck-tool-box aluminum drawer (48" x 24" x 10")
- ARB 53 quart fridge/freezer
- ARB fridge slider
- ARB Simpson III roof top tent (modular mounting)

l1kenother

uhporkchop love that Manche. So clean and so much money invested.

I will add my XJ
1996 Cherokee Classic, Stone White

Engine
4.0l 150,xxx , Banks Header, K&N filter, magnaflow muffler.
AX15, luk clutch, hand throttle, 8ball shifter knob
NP231 w/teralow 4:1, h&t SYE
Yellow top Optima

Drivetrain
Front: HPd30 w/axle truss, DT-Fab diff cover, 4.56 gears, Yukon 4340 Chromo shafts, super u-joints, Aussie locker, LCA guards
Rear: Chrys 8.25 w/RK axle truss, Ruff-Stuff diff cover, 4.56 gears, Yukon alloy 29-spline shafts, Detroit locker, shock relocators

Suspension
Front: Rubicon Express 5.5" coils, short arm w/drop brackets, 2" spacers
Rear: RE 4.5" leaf springs, 1.5" UBE, 1" Shackle Relocators, front pro comp mx6 monotubes, rear bilstein 5100 monotubes

Steering
RuffStuff OTK Y link w/1 ton TREs, Steering box brace, Front frame stiffners

Wheels/ Tires
American Racing black Daytonas 15x8
BFG MTR/Kevlar 35x12.50x15

Armor
Custom sliders, front and rear diff covers/guards, LCA skids, gas tank skid

Interior
stereo: Pioneer mp3 w/aux head unit, front kenwood speakers(in full doors), Pioneer 6x9(in half doors) rear blaupunkt 5x7s, 400 watt Rockford Fosgate 4 ch amp, 600 watt Kenwood 2 ch amp, 2 10" Earthquake subs
LED interior lights

Exterior
Trimmed front and rear fenders and flares
Cut and fold rear quarter panels
trimmed stock bumpers
Hella headlights, headlight harness upgrade, 8k HIDs
Rock lights
set of front half doors

Soon to be added
set of rear half doors
Interior Roll Cage
full frame plate
custom hood vents

Future plans
37"s, 17" ATX Slab Beadlocks
front 3 link with King 16" Coilovers and shock hoops/ brace

521510_539251749420644_400279328_n.jpg

427393_10150639044607629_1812322311_n.jpg

295380_10151094361477629_1871031515_n.jpg

100_3905-1.jpg

100_3945.jpg

621189_10151094378827629_350596408_o.jpg

moparnation

I don't have it anymore but I'll share anyway because I miss it :(

This was my '98 zj (5" adj. Short arm, 33x12.50x15's, street locks, rack, etc...)

The last pic was taken during a "trail mod" lol

sent from my talkitty box

Attachments

• 1359879452857.jpg
    1359879452857.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 1359879465364.jpg
    1359879465364.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 1359879486340.jpg
    1359879486340.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 1359879495002.jpg
    1359879495002.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 323

moparnation

And this was my '88 Grand Wagoneer (12" soa, Dana 44's, gladiator front clip, mildly built 360, 35" boggers on 15x14 alcoas in this pic but set up for 38's, and the best part......full leather interior haha it was like riding on an old sofa.

I know its not a xj or zj but its still a GRAND :D

Got lots of stares driving this with its suhweet wood grain :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1359879934807.jpg
    1359879934807.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 324

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Loved my ZJ, this is the only photo I have of it. Before I put a 4" lift and 32's.
My ZJ is the only vehicle I sold that I regret getting rid of. It kicked ass and I took it places I probably shouldn't have with so little wheeling knowledge.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359880443.328724.jpg

moparnation

Loved my ZJ, this is the only photo I have of it. Before I put a 4" lift and 32's.
My ZJ is the only vehicle I sold that I regret getting rid of. It kicked ass and I took it places I probably shouldn't have with so little wheeling knowledge.
View attachment 14657

I know exactly how you feel, I wish I still had mine, that thing was a tank and probably the most comfortable seats I've ever road in haha.....I miss it :/

in4low

JEEP Oweners

And this was my '88 Grand Wagoneer (12" soa, Dana 44's, gladiator front clip, mildly built 360, 35" boggers on 15x14 alcoas in this pic but set up for 38's, and the best part......full leather interior haha it was like riding on an old sofa.

We are all here with the same interest and we want to see and hear about your Jeeps of any kind and to help with any tech. questions. This is what we do!!!

in4low

We Dig it. its a hummer recovery vehicle and good Jeep karma!!! We had a friend take his through the Rubicon & Dusy Ershim trail Lots of times!

ssh6314

My old WJ. I miss it. And my old old XJ that I still have. Not street legal. Has Dana-60's and 37's on it. Lifted 6 inches.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Attachments

• 1360552095331.jpg
    1360552095331.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 1360552145062.jpg
    1360552145062.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 299
  • 1360552165506.jpg
    1360552165506.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 297
Top Bottom