Next time I see Eddie I'll bitch slap him and laugh

suicideking

Last edited by a moderator:

suicideking

Does anybody make a lift for the TJ that would ride equivalent to the EVO plush rides? I know ride quality is subjective but many here know the EVO coils and get what I'm looking for, preferably in the 3 to 3.5 inch range. 99 Wrangler already has a sye so that's not a concern, just a really old suspension that rides like a buckboard.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

You're saying lift kit, but referring to springs. The springs and shocks are not really related to the kit other than height.

That said, I suggest the Currie springs.

suicideking

You are correct, I meant the coil springs. I know long arms will help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Long arms will not help if you want to do some rock crawling. Long arms will kill your clearance. The best kit available now is the Savvy Mid Arm kit that came out a few months ago. I just had my Teraflex long arm kit cut off and put on the Savvy kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Long arms will not help if you want to do some rock crawling. Long arms will kill your clearance. The best kit available now is the Savvy Mid Arm kit that came out a few months ago. I just had my Teraflex long arm kit cut off and put on the Savvy kit.

LOL!! That is about the stupidest thing I've heard all day. First off, Gadget was asking about "RIDE QUALITY" - NOT "rock crawling" and this is where long arms will shine. They WILL correct your suspension geometry when lifted tall enough and that alone will improve your ride on pavement and when driving hard and fast across the desert. As far as clearance goes, clearly you were running tires that were way too small for your long arms and that's why you felt as though they robbed you of it. Of course, if I were running a TeraFlex kit, I'd want to cut them off for something different too. Glad to hear you're happy with your Savvy kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Most LA kits rob your clearance because the arms hang lower, get hung up on rocks.

That's news to me. I don't know if I can recall a single instance where my long arms had gotten me hung up on rocks. Of course, unlike the badass you apparently are, I'm just a mall crawler so, there's that.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

WJCO

Meme King
My short arms even hit rocks from time to time. Haven't ever been stuck from that. Such is life. I would think if someone is really going to pony up for a long arm kit, getting stuck on rocks would be the last thing on their mind. I know I wouldn't care about that with a purchase like that.

longarmwj

Tj lift kit

I'd much rather avoid getting stuck in the first place.

So you would prefer not to have a winch with the mindset that you just simply won't get stuck? Oh my you're such a wheelin god. Please enlighten us on subpar suspension designed and no need for a winch

Infirmary in 3...2...1...

suicideking

So you would prefer not to have a winch with the mindset that you just simply won't get stuck? Oh my you're such a wheelin god. Please enlighten us on subpar suspension designed and no need for a winch

Infirmary in 3...2...1...

Never said I don't have a winch. Learn to read dude.

Though I would rather have no winch than run a vehicle with a unibody. :bleh:

Top Bottom