Rubi Transfer Case Swap - case stuck (not the common linkage problem)

babykud

I received a Rubicon Transfer case from Motech and finally got around to installing it but ran into a problem. I pulled the old transfer case and checked the one I received everything seemed great. After we installed the rubi t-case, filled it with fluid, got everything bolted back up, and linkage connected this is where I ran into a problem. The shift lever on the transfer case will not allow it to go into neutral or 4lo. The cable moves freely when off so that's doesn't seem to be the issue. The lever won't even manually move to 4lo and there is a ton of resistance in the t-case shifter. It appears that there may be something internally wrong. Has this ever happened to anyone ,if so, do anyone have any tips or tricks to fix this or is this an internal problem with the new transfer case?

J

JKDream

I received a Rubicon Transfer case from Motech and finally got around to installing it but ran into a problem. I pulled the old transfer case and checked the one I received everything seemed great. After we installed the rubi t-case, filled it with fluid, got everything bolted back up, and linkage connected this is where I ran into a problem. The shift lever on the transfer case will not allow it to go into neutral or 4lo. The cable moves freely when off so that's doesn't seem to be the issue. The lever won't even manually move to 4lo and there is a ton of resistance in the t-case shifter. It appears that there may be something internally wrong. Has this ever happened to anyone ,if so, do anyone have any tips or tricks to fix this or is this an internal problem with the new transfer case?

Did you try shifting into 4L while rolling?
I know mine is VERY stiff unless I'm rolling forward.

babykud

On the transfer case where the shifting linkage hooks up there is a screw on that bracket. Can anyone confirm that's an adjustment screw?

Sent from my D6708 using WAYALIFE mobile app t case.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom