Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S-pod

Nothing but a Thing HighwayTrout's Avatar
    What if the advice given is to do exactly what you don't want to do? Replace it with a better quality product.
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    What if the advice given is to do exactly what you don't want to do? Replace it with a better quality product.
    That's like telling someone they need to replace their TF lift with an Evo Enforcer. Better quality and better company? Sure. But why not just run what you already have?

Nothing but a Thing HighwayTrout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    That's like telling someone they need to replace their TF lift with an Evo Enforcer. Better quality and better company? Sure. But why not just run what you already have?
    The definition of insanity comes to mind....

The guy is having problems with it right?
    en hopup veritas

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    The definition of insanity comes to mind....

The guy is having problems with it right?
    Not having problems, just want a master control switch. I figured someone would be able to answer a simple question without letting their opinion of spod interfere with helping one of their own.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think your problem is an Spod problem. When we ran your air lines and hooked your solenoids to the box, I remember that it all worked ok. But the issue is that your individual switches for each circuit have power all the time regardless if the master switch is on or off. That's all built into the spod unit itself so hopefully they can give you an answer.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I think your problem is an Spod problem. When we ran your air lines and hooked your solenoids to the box, I remember that it all worked ok. But the issue is that your individual switches for each circuit have power all the time regardless if the master switch is on or off. That's all built into the spod unit itself so hopefully they can give you an answer.
    That's what I thought and that is why I call spod. That button that I thought was a master switch is a "pilot switch" it turns on the bottom light of all the rocker switches. I essentially would like that the be wired so that the rocker switches cannot turn on until that button is pushed.

Knows a Thing or Two Goldeneagle1LC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agiron View Post
    That's what I thought and that is why I call spod. That button that I thought was a master switch is a "pilot switch" it turns on the bottom light of all the rocker switches. I essentially would like that the be wired so that the rocker switches cannot turn on until that button is pushed.

Its doable. but, why do you want a switch for your switch system? What you have to do is find the power wire for the switches and splice a switch in there. there is nothing really ground breaking with their switch panel or wiring, they just made it pretty.

Hooked
    I just like the extra step, I don't want things to be accidentally engaged

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Thanks for all your valuable contributions, here.
    No problem dude

--------------------

“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
    – Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by agiron View Post
    I just like the extra step, I don't want things to be accidentally engaged

Is your SPOD not up above your mirror?
    What are you doing that you could accidentally engage it lol
    But, as far as re running that secondary LED light switch to be a master on/off, that seems like a hell of a lot of work.
    I think the easiest way would be to put a switch controlling flow from the battery to the SPOD box under the hood.
    But, like mentioned earlier, that seems like a lot of unnecessary work.
    I've ran both my JK's with SPODS, and never once 'accidentally' engaged something. I've left lights on by mistake, but, the SPOD shuts off on its own if you start to run your battery down.

--------------------

“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
    – Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast