Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

Quote Originally Posted by scull20 View Post
    But does it have a hanger already welded onto it like the magnaflow one does?
    No it doesn't. You could do something like this if you didn't want to weld one on.

https://www.carid.com/pypes-performa...aj0aAo3L8P8HAQ
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I've been thinking of building a system like this myself but also trying to keep it fairly quiet

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I did the same thing right after Eddie installed his kit on Rubicat, not sure if he had a write up, but he had the part numbers. I ordered the can and resonator (bullet) from amazon and had a muffler shop hack up the magnaflow kit to put these cans in, mine was welded together. After I had everything installed I pondered if just installing this resonator (or the stock resonator) before the magnaflow can would have eliminated the drone that drove me crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
    I have zero drone with this setup. I had a Gibson axle back on my 07 and that fugging thing had drone!
    I had the Dynomax Rockcrawler setup on my 2 door, and with the 3.6L, it was loud and droned like crazy. I hear it sounds nice, on the 3.8, but the 3.6 is a different animal. I'm about to start piecing together this kit, because this stock setup on this JKU is just too quiet. Thanks for the write up! I'll be following this.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

This setup definitely does not drone at all on the highway. I had a Gibson axle back on my 3.8 and that thing was disgusting. You haven't known drone until you've lived with that thing for so long.
    Idiot with a JK

I appreciate this thread. I had a magnaflow crawler exhaust and wasn't very happy with the setup. It had a drone when at highway speeds. I did like the clearance the exhaust system provided. I was able to replace the muffler with the dynomax quietcrawler parts (muffler and bullet) and married it up to the magnaflow tailpipe. I'm loving the results. Thanks for the part numbers.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by JES; 03-25-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Those parts are the exact kit for all intensive purposes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Will this work with the 3.8? I have the Dynomax Rock Crawler system that dumps out before the rear axle already but it's the round polished stainless steel muffler and it hangs down below the frame. I'm just waiting for it to get smashed on a rock. Plus I'm tired of not being able to have a conversation with anyone while driving down the freeway.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by thombull View Post
    Will this work with the 3.8? I have the Dynomax Rock Crawler system that dumps out before the rear axle already but it's the round polished stainless steel muffler and it hangs down below the frame. I'm just waiting for it to get smashed on a rock. Plus I'm tired of not being able to have a conversation with anyone while driving down the freeway.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I think so as Eddie did a white up on it and I believe he has a 3.8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Do they make a tailpipe for it that dumps behind the rear axle? Not a huge fan of it dumping in front especially with potential for fumes and my kids in the back seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjeep91 View Post
    Do they make a tailpipe for it that dumps behind the rear axle? Not a huge fan of it dumping in front especially with potential for fumes and my kids in the back seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You could probably use a pipe from their Rock Crawler system.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast