Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

A V8 installed is about the price of one year away at a state school these days. Iíd be making out like a bandit on the deal.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    A V8 installed is about the price of one year away at a state school these days. Iíd be making out like a bandit on the deal.

Wow... Iím over here telling my kid he can get whatever Jeep he wants as long as he puts up half in cash and Iíll match it... youíre over here wagering with v8s... Iím beginning to see the reality of Just Empty Every Pocket. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post

I was just going to say youíre getting off easy with that. Lol

2016 JKU

Knows a Thing or Two bruggymonster's Avatar
    Anyone on here have an opinion on welded vs just using clamps? I donít have a welder and am wanting to do this soon. I also donít want to pay a welding shop an arm and a leg to get it welded haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bruggymonster View Post
    Anyone on here have an opinion on welded vs just using clamps? I donít have a welder and am wanting to do this soon. I also donít want to pay a welding shop an arm and a leg to get it welded haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Weld it if you can. I had to tighten mine several times. MSJKU11 owns it now, and I think heís had to tighten them, too.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

If you get good clamps you shouldn't have any issues. I bought these clamps from Pypes and have never had to tighten them after the initial install. Check the size - this is just an example. I bought all of my parts through Summit as well but doesn't look like they carry Pypes stuff anymore.

https://pypesexhaust.com/i-23437228-...amp-hvc25.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    If you get good clamps you shouldn't have any issues. I bought these clamps from Pypes and have never had to tighten them after the initial install. Check the size - this is just an example. I bought all of my parts through Summit as well but doesn't look like they carry Pypes stuff anymore.

Those look really similar to the clamps that came with my Dynomax kit. Iím still shy of 6 months since the install, but they havenít loosened up yet.

.................................................. ..............
    2013 JKU Sport S, named Spider

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post

I had those, and they still got loose.

The clamps you had Clay never got loose but the pipes going into the muffler needed an extra clamp. I installed one on either side of the muffler sitting flush and haven't had anymore issues. I wouldn't think you need to weld them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415