My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

aermotor

I found a thread here about a month ago with the QuietCrawler Exhaust after being quite disappointed with the Magaflow Off Road Pro that I bought for my 2012 4 door. Since the kit is out of stock I messaged Dynomax and they gave me a sheet with possible parts to order to piece together my own kit, and that's what I did. I ordered everything form Summit and had the stuff next day.

1x 52561 (Pipe)
1x 17283 (Muffler)
1x 24246 (Bullet)
4x 36434 (Clamp)
2x 35337 (HD Clamp)
1x Magflow Turn Down (Unknown Part Number)

You will also need 2x 5" piece of 2.5" OD exhaust pipe. I bought an 18" piece from Autozone and chopped it down.

Below is a diagram of how I assembled it and some photos of it installed. The great thing about this setup was that I was able to retain the stock exhaust hangers. This kit sounds 10x better than the Magaflow, very happy with it.

Excuse all the mud... it got nasty this weekend.

assembly.png

IMG_1353.png

IMG_1353.png

IMG_1355.png

IMG_1356.png

IMG_1920.png

IMG_7579.png

IMG_0399.png

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Cool that you were able to do this. Hopefully it will help others that want to build this kit.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I did the same thing right after Eddie installed his kit on Rubicat, not sure if he had a write up, but he had the part numbers. I ordered the can and resonator (bullet) from amazon and had a muffler shop hack up the magnaflow kit to put these cans in, mine was welded together. After I had everything installed I pondered if just installing this resonator (or the stock resonator) before the magnaflow can would have eliminated the drone that drove me crazy.

scull20

I was just looking into piecing this together last night, thanks a ton for posting up the part numbers!

Edit: Can you snap a pic near the evap skid? Is there still a risk of having clearance issues with aftermarket evap skids when the exhaust is installed like this?

Last edited:

aermotor

I was just looking into piecing this together last night, thanks a ton for posting up the part numbers!

Edit: Can you snap a pic near the evap skid? Is there still a risk of having clearance issues with aftermarket evap skids when the exhaust is installed like this?

I just added 2 photos that show the evap clearance. I don't know how large the skids are but there seems to be a good amount of clearance. It looks like the EVO skid will clear easily.

Last edited:

scull20

I just added 2 photos that show the evap clearance. I don't know how large the skids are but there seems to be a good amount of clearance. It looks like the EVO skid will clear easily.

Awesome, exactly what I needed to know. Thanks again!

World Traveler 76

Thanks for the pics and details. I have had my Dynomax QC exhaust on order for something like two months now through Quadratec. Something about the manufacturer machining went down for repair. Was due in at the end of Jan....guess I'll just patiently await delivery. Or if this goes on too long, will take your aermotor's route. Appreciate your input.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RonG

The Quiet Crawler kit dumps out the back and you dumped in front of the axle. Is there a an upside to one location over the other? Does dumping in front of the axle make it more likely to get exhaust fumes inside?

scull20

I've been trying to find a part number for that magnaflow turndown with the hanger to no avail. It might be something you need to have fabricated.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I've been trying to find a part number for that magnaflow turndown with the hanger to no avail. It might be something you need to have fabricated.

You just need something so your resonator doesnt get in the way again lol

Ddays

Hooked
Question for the guys running this exhaust: Do you get any fumes or odor from this setup at all? Even when running doorless?

Top Bottom