Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

I found a thread here about a month ago with the QuietCrawler Exhaust after being quite disappointed with the Magaflow Off Road Pro that I bought for my 2012 4 door. Since the kit is out of stock I messaged Dynomax and they gave me a sheet with possible parts to order to piece together my own kit, and that's what I did. I ordered everything form Summit and had the stuff next day.

1x 52561 (Pipe)
    1x 17283 (Muffler)
    1x 24246 (Bullet)
    4x 36434 (Clamp)
    2x 35337 (HD Clamp)
    1x Magflow Turn Down (Unknown Part Number)

You will also need 2x 5" piece of 2.5" OD exhaust pipe. I bought an 18" piece from Autozone and chopped it down.

Below is a diagram of how I assembled it and some photos of it installed. The great thing about this setup was that I was able to retain the stock exhaust hangers. This kit sounds 10x better than the Magaflow, very happy with it.

Excuse all the mud... it got nasty this weekend.

Last edited by aermotor; 03-29-2017 at 12:25 AM.
    Idiot with a JK

Cool that you were able to do this. Hopefully it will help others that want to build this kit.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Yea, the exact part numbers will make it a bit easier for people to piece together their own kit.
    Idiot with a JK

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Cool write up. Some of the parts are a little cheaper, on Amazon, if that helps anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

I did the same thing right after Eddie installed his kit on Rubicat, not sure if he had a write up, but he had the part numbers. I ordered the can and resonator (bullet) from amazon and had a muffler shop hack up the magnaflow kit to put these cans in, mine was welded together. After I had everything installed I pondered if just installing this resonator (or the stock resonator) before the magnaflow can would have eliminated the drone that drove me crazy.

I have zero drone with this setup. I had a Gibson axle back on my 07 and that fugging thing had drone!
    Idiot with a JK

I was just looking into piecing this together last night, thanks a ton for posting up the part numbers!

Edit: Can you snap a pic near the evap skid? Is there still a risk of having clearance issues with aftermarket evap skids when the exhaust is installed like this?
    Last edited by scull20; 02-21-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    The build of "Equinso-Ocha", aka White Devil:
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...White-Devil%29

Quote Originally Posted by scull20 View Post
    I was just looking into piecing this together last night, thanks a ton for posting up the part numbers!

Edit: Can you snap a pic near the evap skid? Is there still a risk of having clearance issues with aftermarket evap skids when the exhaust is installed like this?
    I just added 2 photos that show the evap clearance. I don't know how large the skids are but there seems to be a good amount of clearance. It looks like the EVO skid will clear easily.
    Last edited by aermotor; 02-21-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    Idiot with a JK

Quote Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
    I just added 2 photos that show the evap clearance. I don't know how large the skids are but there seems to be a good amount of clearance. It looks like the EVO skid will clear easily.
    Awesome, exactly what I needed to know. Thanks again!
    The build of "Equinso-Ocha", aka White Devil:
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...White-Devil%29

Caught the Bug World Traveler 76's Avatar
    Thanks for the pics and details. I have had my Dynomax QC exhaust on order for something like two months now through Quadratec. Something about the manufacturer machining went down for repair. Was due in at the end of Jan....guess I'll just patiently await delivery. Or if this goes on too long, will take your aermotor's route. Appreciate your input.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast