Diff covers ready to go on

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Well I have my Poison Spyder BombShell Differential Covers all painted and ready to go when I get off of my crutches and do the Differential Fluid Change. By know means can I paint so for me this is an awesome Job. When I was a young Airmen when I first joined the Air Force, I was told to paint a room. The Commander came down and gave me a direct order never to pick up a paint bush again or paint anything.

Attachments

• IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 269

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I have my Poison Spyder BombShell Differential Covers all painted and ready to go when I get off of my crutches and do the Differential Fluid Change. By know means can I paint so for me this is an awesome Job. When I was a young Airmen when I first joined the Air Force, I was told to paint a room. The Commander came down and gave me a direct order never to pick up a paint bush again or paint anything.

They look good to me. I too am on crutches and it hasn't slowed me down too much. Well at least until the Dr said stay off of your leg or you're going to make it worse and need surgery..haha. I put an air filter and cabin filter in my wife's car last weekend.

Coop

Caught the Bug
They look great too me! One suggestion if you haven't thought of it. Get two extra bolts that are 1/2 longer than the PS bolts that came with the covers. Cut the heads off. Put these at 3 and 9 O'clock as guides for placing the covers on. Get all your other bolts started before removing. This makes mating the covers up nice and clean with the RTV.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

They look great too me! One suggestion if you haven't thought of it. Get two extra bolts that are 1/2 longer than the PS bolts that came with the covers. Cut the heads off. Put these at 3 and 9 O'clock as guides for placing the covers on. Get all your other bolts started before removing. This makes mating the covers up nice and clean with the RTV.

That's a freaking great tip!

RUBEERCON

Nice job.

Permatex RightStuff sealant works great. Pricey but easy to use and sets up quick.

A few people have painted the spot on the rear of the spider red, looks cool.
IMG_2331.JPG

Coop

Caught the Bug
Now if there was some secret way of easily cleaning off the old RTV!!

jkris

Coop, you sir are a freaking genius! Excellent idea!

Ddays

Hooked

Y'know, every once in a while someone suggests something so goddam stupidly simple that it makes you feel like an idiot. This is one of those ideas. Thanks Coop!

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Those look sharp. I'll keep a look out for pictures of them bolted up.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom