Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

I have an obnoxious clicking noise coming from my rear wheels when applying the brakes at "half press". When I apply full press on the brakes, the clicking noise does not happen. Any ideas on what that could be?
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    I have an obnoxious clicking noise coming from my rear wheels when applying the brakes at "half press". When I apply full press on the brakes, the clicking noise does not happen. Any ideas on what that could be?
    Piece of brake hardware missing loose loose, but normally that's more of a squeak. See if you can have someone else drive it in a parking lot while you walk along side to isolate which wheel it is.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I'm not home to drive it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's not on some road out in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    DID I MENTION MY RIG IS FOR SALE?

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Piece of brake hardware missing loose loose, but normally that's more of a squeak. See if you can have someone else drive it in a parking lot while you walk along side to isolate which wheel it is.
    Thanks, I'll try to isolate it this week and get under there and take a look.
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar
    Ball joints are bad... It was only a matter of time.. Ordered synergy HD ball joints yesterday.

It rained yesterday pretty hard and my passenger side had a huge puddle on the floor board

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

Other than the usual squeaks and rattles, mine is running good. *knock on wood*

I had noise coming from my engine bay. It sounded a lot like one of the pulleys was going out again. it happened before on my tensioner pulley after some water crossings and pretty much just zipping to water pits. It was driving me nuts for few days. Ended up being a loose o2 sensor that was rattling with the idle LOL . It was the easiest fix I ever had to do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nightcrawlerjk View Post
    It rained yesterday pretty hard and my passenger side had a huge puddle on the floor board

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I bought some weather stripping on amazon and applied it along the windshield pillar. It helped tremendously. It also helps to park your jeep with your front higher than the rear. Many parking lots and drive ways are sloped, so try doing this, that will also help a lot.
    Added bonus of the weather stripping is that it really cuts down on the noise you get from the wind entering in the windshield pillar area.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast