Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    Iím really not sure if itís the head. It seems to be running fine and I donít want them to deny warranty repair because I replaced parts on my own. Seriously debating on just running it this weekend and see what happens. Kids would be super bummed if we couldnít go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I had to have a head replaced under warranty. I tried new plugs and a coil before taking it in and they still gave me warranty. The leak down test is what determined it was a head.

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    I hear ya! You guys are getting hammered with the cold. Good luck either way.

You called it. Overheated on the 5 mile drive to work. Checked the coolant it was slushy mix. After 3 hours with a space heater under the hood it hawed out and I replaced it with good coolant. The smell it was making was when tstat opened and then steamed/boiled over the overflow bottle. It was a fun night of fixing but itís all good now, no smell inside!

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    You called it. Overheated on the 5 mile drive to work. Checked the coolant it was slushy mix. After 3 hours with a space heater under the hood it hawed out and I replaced it with good coolant. The smell it was making was when tstat opened and then steamed/boiled over the overflow bottle. It was a fun night of fixing but itís all good now, no smell inside!

Glad you got it worked thru and it was an easy fix. Hope you had a warm garage to work in!

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Glad you got it worked thru and it was an easy fix. Hope you had a warm garage to work in!

It was a toasty 20 degrees. But at least it was inside. The wind here has been ridiculously cold. Nothing like Wisconsin and them hitting -53* I wouldnít leave my bed for those temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    It was a toasty 20 degrees. But at least it was inside. The wind here has been ridiculously cold. Nothing like Wisconsin and them hitting -53* I wouldnít leave my bed for those temps.

Hell no, it would be time to hibernate

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Fresh Catch

What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Started up the jeep and rpms shot up to about 5-6k for a few seconds. Foot was not on the gas, afraid it might be an ecm issue.
    Anyone come across this? Jeep has been running fine since.

Quote Originally Posted by spy_adventures View Post
    Started up the jeep and rpms shot up to about 5-6k for a few seconds. Foot was not on the gas, afraid it might be an ecm issue.
    Anyone come across this? Jeep has been running fine since.

If it hasnít done it since it just confused itself and immediately corrected, should be fine.

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Anyone ever get DTC P2504 code Charging System High Voltage? I was driving home last night and out of no where all my lights on the jeep went out for about 2 seconds and came back on. They battery dash light came on along with the sway bar light. Got home checked DTC and got the P2504 code?.

Engine ticking. Itís back at the dealership for warranty work. Think itís a rocker and some of the dash lights coming on and off, maybe wheel speed sensor? At least this is what I think after some research on the web and here

Quote Originally Posted by kellyk View Post
    Engine ticking. Itís back at the dealership for warranty work. Think itís a rocker and some of the dash lights coming on and off, maybe wheel speed sensor? At least this is what I think after some research on the web and here

Which dealership did you take it to?

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast