Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Been fighting DW for a few weeks now. Replaced the TB last weekend due to the bushings looking a little worn and wanted to upgrade due to going to 35s in the near future. It made the steering a lot better but didn't cure the DW. Jacked up the front tires to check the ball joints(which I already did a couple weeks prior and they looked fine) and noticed a little play in the passenger side upper joint. Went ahead and ordered the Teraflex HD ball joints. They will be installed next week so hoping that will solve my DW issue.

On a happy note, I received my Alien Sunshade this week and installed it. It has been Sunny and 70 here so it has been put to good use.
    ~2013 Wrangler Unlimited True Blue Pearl
    ~2.5 Inch RC Series II Lift
    ~285/70r17 Firestone Destination
    ~Ion 171 Matte Black 17x9 4.5" Backspacing
    ~Bestop NX Trektop

Quote Originally Posted by JoyMarie View Post
    Been fighting DW for a few weeks now. Replaced the TB last weekend due to the bushings looking a little worn and wanted to upgrade due to going to 35s in the near future. It made the steering a lot better but didn't cure the DW. Jacked up the front tires to check the ball joints(which I already did a couple weeks prior and they looked fine) and noticed a little play in the passenger side upper joint. Went ahead and ordered the Teraflex HD ball joints. They will be installed next week so hoping that will solve my DW issue.

On a happy note, I received my Alien Sunshade this week and installed it. It has been Sunny and 70 here so it has been put to good use.
    Are those ball joints knurled? Once you install knurled ball joints you have to stick with the knurled type, just FYI in case you didn’t know

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Are those ball joints knurled? Once you install knurled ball joints you have to stick with the knurled type, just FYI in case you didn’t know

They make both knurled and smooth. I just installed a smooth set last weekend. Big improvement over the worn out originals.

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post

No, they are not knurled. I'm replacing the factory joints so I knew I wouldn't need the knurled ones. Thanks for the tip though.
    ~2013 Wrangler Unlimited True Blue Pearl
    ~2.5 Inch RC Series II Lift
    ~285/70r17 Firestone Destination
    ~Ion 171 Matte Black 17x9 4.5" Backspacing
    ~Bestop NX Trektop

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd.gunman View Post
    They make both knurled and smooth. I just installed a smooth set last weekend. Big improvement over the worn out originals.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyMarie View Post
    No, they are not knurled. I'm replacing the factory joints so I knew I wouldn't need the knurled ones. Thanks for the tip though.
    Oh good, a kid down the road had me put knurled ones in his and I tried to talk him out of it but he insisted

Ok so this is really bothering me and cannot find any definite answer...So I have a 2011 and the airbag light comes on and off, not really any repeated patterns either. There are no codes, and no recalls. I cleaned some of the connections under the seats, nothing really changed. Also disconnected the battery, the light came back. The steering wheel is centered far as I can tell. This all started after replacing brake pads and rotors. Coincidence?

Yes I have read the write up on this.

Sorry for the long explanation, so should I just replace the clockspring at this point? Any other ideas, or am I missing something? Thanks.

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 19YJ94 View Post
    Ok so this is really bothering me and cannot find any definite answer...So I have a 2011 and the airbag light comes on and off, not really any repeated patterns either. There are no codes, and no recalls. I cleaned some of the connections under the seats, nothing really changed. Also disconnected the battery, the light came back. The steering wheel is centered far as I can tell. This all started after replacing brake pads and rotors. Coincidence?

Yes I have read the write up on this.

Sorry for the long explanation, so should I just replace the clockspring at this point? Any other ideas, or am I missing something? Thanks.
    There is a recall on airbag. I also have 2011. Not sure if it's your problem. But I did receive a recall notice. Also I'm not getting the light you are getting.
    https://www.kbb.com/ownership/jeep/wrangler/2011/
    Last edited by Seahawkfan; 04-10-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkfan View Post
    There is a recall on airbag. I also have 2011. Not sure if it's your problem. But I did receive a recall notice. Also I'm not getting the light you are getting.
    Yeah the (2) recalls that were done, were the heated mirrors and passenger air bag. FCA gave me the code and said if that code came up they would replace it again. But no codes so far.

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 19YJ94 View Post
    Yeah the (2) recalls that were done, were the heated mirrors and passenger air bag. FCA gave me the code and said if that code came up they would replace it again. But no codes so far.
    So you did get the passenger air bag recall fixed? Was wondering how the fit was after. I think I read somewhere people saying there was some sort of bulge on the dash when they were done. Any problems for yours ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkfan View Post
    So you did get the passenger air bag recall fixed? Was wondering how the fit was after. I think I read somewhere people saying there was some sort of bulge on the dash when they were done. Any problems for yours ?
    Yeah both have been fixed but I haven't noticed anything out of place or deformation on the dash. So no problems other than the latter (airbag light).

Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast