Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Just a broken u joint and axle shaft, broken track bar, bent tie rod on my dynatrac xd/pr60, soda canned new dynomax muffler and Adams rear driveshaft did some work.

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mybadjk View Post
    Just a broken u joint and axle shaft, broken track bar, bent tie rod on my dynatrac xd/pr60, soda canned new dynomax muffler and Adams rear driveshaft did some work.

Did this all just happen on one trail?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Did this all just happen on one trail?
    Axle shaft and tie rod did. I believe the the trackbar has been from all the trails Iíve been on. Not quite sure. Just noticed the trackbar. But might of been.

Serious shake in the front end, under 40 is nerve wracking, above 40 itís undrivable. HD adjustable track bar gave up. Threads are stripped so it has about an inch of play in it. Iíll post pictures when the new one shows up. Anything special/important I need to know about replacing it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Serious shake in the front end, under 40 is nerve wracking, above 40 itís undrivable. HD adjustable track bar gave up. Threads are stripped so it has about an inch of play in it. Iíll post pictures when the new one shows up. Anything special/important I need to know about replacing it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Use a ratchet strap to help recenter the Jeep Over the axle and check both mount locations that the holes werenít out of round. Iíll have to check but I believe you torque them to 125.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks, and yes it is 125.

I havenít posted in this thread much, but here I go - first nice day this spring and the wife decided that the wind was a little much as we entered the freeway. Up went the windows and on went the air,,,let me say that again, and on went the air.....no cold air . Thinking that the refrigerant leaked out, we continued on our way. As we got off the freeway and stopped the engine stumbled and almost died. I immediately turned the air off and made it home without any further issue. Upon inspection, at idle with the air on the compressor clutch engages makes the engine stumble and then disengages. Then I turned off the air and turned on the defroster. Immediately the clutch engaged and stayed engaged with the belt slipping. I immediately turned off the defroster and the engine.

I figure that the compressor is froze so I unplugged it so I can continue to use the defroster. Since the system is still charged Iím thinking about taking it in for the repair.

Anyone ever tackle this repair by renting the equipment being recovery pump, vacuum pump and charging manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    I havenít posted in this thread much, but here I go - first nice day this spring and the wife decided that the wind was a little much as we entered the freeway. Up went the windows and on went the air,,,let me say that again, and on went the air.....no cold air . Thinking that the refrigerant leaked out, we continued on our way. As we got off the freeway and stopped the engine stumbled and almost died. I immediately turned the air off and made it home without any further issue. Upon inspection, at idle with the air on the compressor clutch engages makes the engine stumble and then disengages. Then I turned off the air and turned on the defroster. Immediately the clutch engaged and stayed engaged with the belt slipping. I immediately turned off the defroster and the engine.

I figure that the compressor is froze so I unplugged it so I can continue to use the defroster. Since the system is still charged Iím thinking about taking it in for the repair.

Anyone ever tackle this repair by renting the equipment being recovery pump, vacuum pump and charging manifold?
    Yes and no, done the repairs but didn't rent. Used the a/c machine at a buddies shop a couple times and once just paid a shop to evac the system and witnessed how much freon they pulled out. Went home and replaced parts, took it back to the shop and had them recharge. Much cheaper that way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 98XJ06LJ View Post
    Yes and no, done the repairs but didn't rent. Used the a/c machine at a buddies shop a couple times and once just paid a shop to evac the system and witnessed how much freon they pulled out. Went home and replaced parts, took it back to the shop and had them recharge. Much cheaper that way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Iím going to call around on Monday. Iíll get a quote from my local dealership for shits and giggles along with a couple quotes from a local independent that does decent work. The compressor is $363 from Napa so I will see what the cost is evacuate and recharge the system along with the total repair. It looks to be a pretty easy swap so Iím comfortable doing the grunt work to save a few bucks.

Hooked
    Rock cracked my windshield. 🤬

Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast