Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

After the Ring and Pinion rebuild, rear axle is spewing the diff fluid up the breather tube if I drive at 70 and above. Though it was overflow, drove to Panama City and back and found the the pumpkin only had a quart left so change the fluid and took it back to the shop for them to check what the hell is going on.

So I found this during a tire rotation today. Looks like the right rear sway bar link bolt has rubbed/is rubbing on the tire. Also looks like its making contact with the brake line in 2 places. Also looks like the sway bar shifted towards driver side for some reason. Should an adjustable rear track bar fix this? Should I get shorter links? Thanks.

IMG_8377.jpgIMG_8378.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My dumbass wasnt paying attention while greasing control arms and blew a Johnny joint. Fml. I guess Im gonna learn how to rebuild um soon... is it cool to drive around town like this until the new stuff comes in or no?

IMG_8934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Looks like it just got a pump or two too much grease? Whats wrong with it?
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Looks like it just got a pump or two too much grease? Whats wrong with it?
    Yup. That little black slug in the pic looks like grease but its actually rubber from the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    Yup. That little black slug in the pic looks like grease but its actually rubber from the joint.

Are you sure? I find it hard to believe the rubber would push out like that before the grease. Take the arm off and inspect.

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37 Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5 Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40 Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Are you sure? I find it hard to believe the rubber would push out like that before the grease. Take the arm off and inspect.

Yup. 100% positive. Grease may have been coming out beforehand but I was distracted and kept pumping until I heard a pop. Total dumbass move. 4 rebuild kits and Currie rebuild tool on order. Well see how it goes.

What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Has anyone added the greaseable bolts Currie offers? Or rebuilt with this kit?

Damn thing with Johnny joints is that they are like king shocks. Expensive as fuck. And just as expensive to service or rebuild. After buying the kits, install tool, misc crap you could just buy brand new joints. lol

IMG_2448.jpg.
    IMG_2447.jpg.
    Last edited by HighwayTrout; 09-11-2019 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Add pictures
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Has anyone added the greaseable bolts Currie offers? Or rebuilt with this kit?

Damn thing with Johnny joints is that they are like king shocks. Expensive as fuck. And just as expensive to service or rebuild. After buying the kits, install tool, misc crap you could just buy brand new joints. lol

IMG_2448.jpg.
    IMG_2447.jpg.
    Do you have to buy the rebuild kit with the hole in the sleeve to use a greasable bolt or are all the Johnny joints made with the hole in the center?

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    Do you have to buy the rebuild kit with the hole in the sleeve to use a greasable bolt or are all the Johnny joints made with the hole in the center?
    I dont know.
    Im thinking they dont come this way originally. Would be nice to grease thru the bolt though.
    en hopup veritas

Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast