Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrcherr View Post
    Those things sure were pretty when they were new!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Reminds me of my first marriage. I liked it at first, till I hated it. Now I love my wheels

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Arrcherr View Post
    Those things sure were pretty when they were new!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Not gonna lie, when I first mounted them on Gruff I got a stiffie

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Reminds me of my first marriage. I liked it at first, till I hated it. Now I love my wheels

LOL, thinking about divorcing a set myself

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Not gonna lie, when I first mounted them on Gruff I got a stiffie

LOL, thinking about divorcing a set myself
    Yep, move them down the road!!

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    ^^ What BC said. Unfortunately, I have very much experience with bending shafts and yours sounds like a classic case. See diagram below. Where the red arrow is pointing is the general area that bends and the axle wobbles. Sometimes it's not even noticable and sometimes it will look like an old wagon wheel if you bend it bad enough. I've done both.

Attachment 336403
    What he said. Iím in the same boat as Ddays. I really donít wheel that hard when I do go wheeling but Iíve still managed to bend 4 different rear chromoly shafts. All were upgraded and bigger and stronger than stock ones and they still some how got bent.

Anyone who has wheeled with me would tell you I donít push my rig too hard. Sometimes shit just happens. Hope you get it figured out soon. Keep us posted

Radiator hoses, thermostat and coolant flush... It was a shit show. The good news is I don't have to clean my 5 gallon bucket because I didn't get a single drop of coolant in it.
    20191018_145517[1].jpg

On a serious note though, my petcock doesn't even drip when I open it. I tried blowing back through it with a airgun but nothing. Can the petcock be removed?
    Last edited by Spazbyt; 10-18-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    I've never done it but I'm sure i'll be good at it

What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazbyt View Post
    Radiator houses, thermostat and coolant flush... It was a shit show. The good news is I don't have to clean my 5 gallon bucket because I didn't get a single drop of coolant in it.
    20191018_145517[1].jpg

On a serious note though, my petcock doesn't even drip when I open it. I tried blowing back through it with a airgun but nothing. Can the petcock be removed?
    Canít help you on the petcock, but I feel your pain. Itís a nasty job....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Last edited by wjtstudios; 10-18-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Radiator hoses, thermostat and coolant flush... It was a shit show. The good news is I don't have to clean my 5 gallon bucket because I didn't get a single drop of coolant in it.
    20191018_145517[1].jpg

My old radiator is still out in the shop, when I get home after a bit Iíll look at it. If not I wonder if you could fish a wire through it to try to clean it out.

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    My old radiator is still out in the shop, when I get home after a bit Iíll look at it. If not I wonder if you could fish a wire through it to try to clean it out.
    That's a good idea. I appreciate the help. My old Cherokee you could just pull the whole petcock out. I'm not sure if the JK is the same but with all the plastic on the bottom of the radiator I didn't want to risk breaking it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I've never done it but I'm sure i'll be good at it

That's a good idea. I appreciate the help. My old Cherokee you could just pull the whole petcock out. I'm not sure if the JK is the same but with all the plastic on the bottom of the radiator I didn't want to risk breaking it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    You can pull it out. Just grab it with pliers after itís open and pull out while turning it some moe. Probably not the easiest thing to do while itís in the Jeep.
    IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpgIMG_1692.jpg

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Highly suggest never using the petcock on radiators. Something I learned the hard way on German cars. Theyre fragile, break, leak, the orings fail, sometimes wont engage all the way. Itís faster and easier to just pop the lower rad hose off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast