Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Like it was said before “it is always something”. After having the steering gear box upgraded with a PCS big bore and new ball joints, I started to have some wandering in the steering. So after inspecting all the steering components this is what I found.

The welds on the factory track bar bracket have separated from the axle. The only thing holding the track bar to the axle is the U bolt from the Synergy bracket that’s bolted to the factory bracket.
    IMG_1971.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by keno4x4 View Post
    Like it was said before “it is always something”. After having the steering gear box upgraded with a PCS big bore and new ball joints, I started to have some wandering in the steering. So after inspecting all the steering components this is what I found.

The welds on the factory track bar bracket have separated from the axle. The only thing holding the track bar to the axle is the U bolt from the Synergy bracket that’s bolted to the factory bracket.
    IMG_1971.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    JKS makes nice brackets that wrap around the axles and reinforce the factory mounts

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Had the same thing happen this year. It was covered under the clock spring extended warranty. May be worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks, I will check it out.

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Well, it's always something.

Now I have an airbag light. I suspect that the clock spring is bad. It comes and goes depending on steering wheel position.

On a positive note, I got my replacement Ten Factory Chromoly axle, so it's going in.
    You know there is a recall on the airbags. I have an 14 Wrangler and got the letter about my passenger side airbag needed replacement. You sure that airbag light can't be taken care of by the dealership via recall warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by naysjp View Post
    You know there is a recall on the airbags. I have an 14 Wrangler and got the letter about my passenger side airbag needed replacement. You sure that airbag light can't be taken care of by the dealership via recall warranty?
    Thanks, I will check.

I hate going to the stealership, but if they will warranty it, I guess I will go.

Being that my jeep has almost 70,000 miles I started getting a wobble on it with the new 37s so I just went through everything and replaced. Tie rod, drag link, ball joints, trac bar, trac bar bolts, come to find out the tires just needed balanced🤪 problem solved. I’m a little slow sometimes and other times need some justifying with the wife for new jeep parts.

Now it's lights😭

One of my JW Speaker headlights went out on low beam.

High beam is fine
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Jeep is dusty inside. ☹️

Now it's lights

High beam is fine
    Can you buy just 1?

Now it's lights

High beam is fine
    Is it still under warranty? I believe the LED warranty is 5 years. You just need to contact the retailer that you bought it from and they will swap it out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast