Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Mall crawl'n... the struggle is real
    Tell me about it. Those parking blocks and curbs are a challenge man. Time for 40ís and coil overs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Fresh Catch
    My Fortin remote start seems to be interfering with JScan receiving data from the JK.

Not sure if it's actually the fortin, or the Bluetooth module at this point. Haven't started troubleshooting.

But, the reason I found this is my intermittent CEL is back. Assuming it's the PCM and O2 sensor... Again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Texas Nick;1181743]It was both on high

Edit: here it goes.

3.6L V6 Thermostat Housing Replacement

Iím not going to say i followed those instruction to a t, but I think I was pretty close. Changing the water temp sensor I thought was slightly more difficult only because of location. Either way, topped off coolant (yes mopar OAT) and burped. Check engine light shut off in the 40-42 mile range.
    Honestly, I have plenty of coolant. I should have just done a full flush. Iíll have to get around to that another time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    IMG_5358.jpg

Learned a lesson today. Spring for the synthetic gear lube. Itís like trying to pour molasses when the conventional gets cold. Probably took me 45 minutes to fill one diff trying to contort the bottle squeeze and aim. Topped it off when I was finished working on it tonight with an open bottle of synthetic I had laying around and poured like water. Live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

The other day, I hit a puddle of slush and instantly started to get a chirping noise. An unbelievably annoying and embarrassing noise when youíre going slower especially in parking lots the noise ranges with speed. I greased the front driveshaft and wherever I thought the noise might be coming from but it is still there. Had the wife drive back and forth in the driveway and it sounds like itís coming from the front driveshaft and transfer case (I originally thought it was the driver side wheel end). So sounds like Iíll be lathering more grease up there tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    The other day, I hit a puddle of slush and instantly started to get a chirping noise. An unbelievably annoying and embarrassing noise when youíre going slower especially in parking lots the noise ranges with speed. I greased the front driveshaft and wherever I thought the noise might be coming from but it is still there. Had the wife drive back and forth in the driveway and it sounds like itís coming from the front driveshaft and transfer case (I originally thought it was the driver side wheel end). So sounds like Iíll be lathering more grease up there tomorrow...
    Have you upgraded your front DS? If so, itís your double cardan joint seizing up and needs to be greased and probably rebuilt.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Have you upgraded your front DS? If so, itís your double cardan joint seizing up and needs to be greased and probably rebuilt.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    I have upgraded it and I was afraid of that. Iíll hit it with more grease tomorrow and look into a shop around here.

I have upgraded it and I was afraid of that. Iíll hit it with more grease tomorrow and look into a shop around here.
    Yeah, it sucks. Sounds like a pack of angry squirrels under there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Yeah, it sucks. Sounds like a pack of angry squirrels under there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Lol it sure does.
    I sure hope it will be fine for a little while, after this snowstorm tomorrow Iíll pull it off and hopefully this shop down the road from me rebuilds them... (just sent them an email)

Lol it sure does.
    I sure hope it will be fine for a little while, after this snowstorm tomorrow Iíll pull it off and hopefully this shop down the road from me rebuilds them... (just sent them an email)
    Mine was a non greaseable joint and when it failed I had it replace with one that was. Now i grease it at every oil change.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast