Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Today, 6 days after my final payment on the Jeep was made, my check engine light came on for the first time. Shocking. Needs a new thermostat. No big deal. Just a quick question here, should I just go to autozone to pick one up or do I have to go thru mopar?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyfish View Post
    Today, 6 days after my final payment on the Jeep was made, my check engine light came on for the first time. Shocking. Needs a new thermostat. No big deal. Just a quick question here, should I just go to autozone to pick one up or do I have to go thru mopar?

Picked up mine at the dealership and stayed with Mopar. Theyíre not that expensive.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Mopar. Itís not expensive really.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

My jeeps leaking around the door seals again... Technician swore up and down it was due to my rugged ridge door sill guards. I admit, the water is letting loose of the sill at that point. But the water is coming in around the door gasket closer to the mirror. After 45 minutes explaining that regardless of whether the sill guards are installed I'm still getting water inside of the door gasket at a completely different spot. You could literally see the water. They agreed to replace the door gasket. Hopefully that fixes it.

Fresh Catch
    '15 JKUR, Auto-stick has a mind of it's own. Sometimes I can shift manually with auto-stick, sometimes not. Once in auto-stick, sometimes it won't go back into Drive when lever pressed and held to the right.

Thanks wjt & bear. Really isnít a price point issue for this particular item as it is a matter of convenience. And I truly hate dealerships. Iíll go ahead and follow your advice tho. A friend of mine cleared the code for me since he thinks itís the sensor and not the thermostat itself, but recommend it be changed anyway. Iíll head to the dealer in a few days. Thanks again.

Thanks wjt & bear. Really isnít a price point issue for this particular item as it is a matter of convenience. And I truly hate dealerships. Iíll go ahead and follow your advice tho. A friend of mine cleared the code for me since he thinks itís the sensor and not the thermostat itself, but recommend it be changed anyway. Iíll head to the dealer in a few days. Thanks again.

Itís an easy swap, just messy. I cut up an old milk jug and piped to a res on the floor and secured it under the stat. It caught 99% of the fluid.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Safelite installed a windshield on my jku and it whistled real bad so they came out again to redo it...then it leaked! So when the tech was taking that windshield out he scratched my paint around the windshield down to the metal. Had to take it a shop for new paint and new windshield because he cracked it trying to pry it out. Safelite did pay fr my paint job

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using WAYALIFE mobile app

I replaced mine when I did my oil cooler. Bought Mopar brand on Amazon for $30 I think.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

My clicking noise was my front driveshaft CV joint. The boot was gone and had slung all the grease out. Picked up a free OEM from a local shop and swapped it out yesterday. Saving up for an Adam's. IMG_20191124_111002_829.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast