Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1033

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

  1. #901
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    There is, there’s large washers welded inside and out of the rockstars (came from Evo that way) I hate to grind those down though as I will likely eventually go back to a Fox or King that fits it perfectly.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    The Fox I used fit right in too. We put rockstars on Arrcherr’s Jeep with Rancho if I recall and it seems like they fit too


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #902
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,722
    I don't think you want to grind on them. If I recall, they're pitched to set the proper angle that the shock needs to be.



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  3. #903
    Nothing but a Thing RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I don't think you want to grind on them. If I recall, they're pitched to set the proper angle that the shock needs to be.



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    That angle wasn’t quite right anyway. It’s this curse that my Jeep has. Nothing ever fits or works quite like it should, even brand new parts. Seems like everything takes a bit of caressing or manipulating.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  4. #904
    Old Timer Arrcherr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Palos Hills
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    The Fox I used fit right in too. We put rockstars on Arrcherr’s Jeep with Rancho if I recall and it seems like they fit too


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    They were snug, had to lightly tap them in, but they fit.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #905
    Nothing but a Thing RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    1,136
    Fix one problem, gain another. Felt a bind and pop IMG_1895.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  6. #906
    Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    Fix one problem, gain another. Felt a bind and pop IMG_1895.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    What’s the pinion look like? What ratio?

    If it’s not trashed and the other teeth around the chipped one aren’t bad you can likely save that ring tooth.

    IMG_5448.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  7. #907
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    What’s the pinion look like? What ratio?

    If it’s not trashed and the other teeth around the chipped one aren’t bad you can likely save that ring tooth.

    IMG_5448.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    With super glue?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #908
    Nothing but a Thing RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    What’s the pinion look like? What ratio?

    If it’s not trashed and the other teeth around the chipped one aren’t bad you can likely save that ring tooth.

    IMG_5448.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Seems to be an excessive amount of play in the pinion and looks like other teeth are week on the inside


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  9. #909
    Nothing but a Thing RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    With super glue?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Chewed bubble gum


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  10. #910
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    Seems to be an excessive amount of play in the pinion and looks like other teeth are week on the inside


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Maybe it’s just glare, or the lighting, or the angles, but that whole set up looks off to me. Irregular wear on the teeth. And what’s this? Looks like the diff cover got pushed into the ring gear?

    Adjustments.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS