Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Quote Originally Posted by naysjp View Post
    10 mph I can hear it on surface streets. I was driving down my street and couldn't hear the noise driving south bound but turn around and drive north bound and I hear the squeak. I call BS as the noise then changes direction and I hear it when driving. I don't hear the noise during braking or when I am at a complete stop. Sounds like front riverside but not sure. Had two people stand on each side of the Jeep while I drove past them to see which side sounded the loudest. I'm sick of it and don't know how to find it.
    If it’s a rotational squeak, squeak that goes away when braking, it’s most likely a rear bent axle flange or warped rotor. The brake pads pick up the high spot giving the squeak. You can tear down the brakes and grease everything including the back plates on the pads and that will help. But it will come back until you resolve the flange or rotor issue. Taking the rotors in and having them turned will help if that’s the source of the problem. Good luck.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

I had a squeak too, it was coming from the A frame and I took off the plate, checked for any impact rubbing and found 1 small spot. Used a small rubber hammer and hit it a few times and put the cover back on. Tightened the bottom screw first, went around and then tightened the bottom more. It's gone.
    10 mph I can hear it on surface streets. I was driving down my street and couldn't hear the noise driving south bound but turn around and drive north bound and I hear the squeak. I call BS as the noise then changes direction and I hear it when driving. I don't hear the noise during braking or when I am at a complete stop. Sounds like front riverside but not sure. Had two people stand on each side of the Jeep while I drove past them to see which side sounded the loudest. I'm sick of it and don't know how to find it.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    My Jeep goes vroom vroom

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    If it’s a rotational squeak, squeak that goes away when braking, it’s most likely a rear bent axle flange or warped rotor. The brake pads pick up the high spot giving the squeak. You can tear down the brakes and grease everything including the back plates on the pads and that will help. But it will come back until you resolve the flange or rotor issue. Taking the rotors in and having them turned will help if that’s the source of the problem. Good luck.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Rear rotars and pads are new. In 5 yrs, it's only been offloading 4 times and we are not talking about anything hard. Last time it was offload was 2017. The noise just started 2 wks ago. So frustrating right now. Trying to get everything taken care of because I want to go to Mojave Rd in a month or so.
    Last edited by naysjp; 10-10-2019 at 06:04 AM.

IMG_4558.jpg

Unfortunately had a visitor overnight, nothing was of value and nothing was stolen but gotta find a window replacement !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by 3.6LTimmy View Post
    IMG_4558.jpg

Unfortunately had a visitor overnight, nothing was of value and nothing was stolen but gotta find a window replacement !

That’s shitty. I hate a thief.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Knows a Thing or Two
    IMG_4558.jpg

That happened to me. The person who sliced mine was a damn idiot because 1. there was nothing of value there and 2. the damn door was unlocked already. I purposely left doors unlocked with a soft top so that the won't cut the top or windows. Hate this shit. Those plastic replacements aren't cheap.

Rear rotars and pads are new. In 5 yrs, it's only been offloading 4 times and we are not talking about anything hard. Last time it was offload was 2017. The noise just started 2 wks ago. So frustrating right now. Trying to get everything taken care of because I want to go to Mojave Rd in a month or so.
    I'd say sounds like you're on the right track with the front driveshaft. I see you have a 1310 and most likely it's the CV joint making the noise. Try pulling the shaft and see if it goes away. Mine did the same thing after about 25k miles. I'm currently at 21K since I had it rebiult and it seems to be doing it again. It's time for an upgrade anyway so I'll be replacing it soon.

Oh that sucks man! Hope you find a replacement fast.
    IMG_4558.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    My Jeep goes vroom vroom

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    I'd say sounds like you're on the right track with the front driveshaft. I see you have a 1310 and most likely it's the CV joint making the noise. Try pulling the shaft and see if it goes away. Mine did the same thing after about 25k miles. I'm currently at 21K since I had it rebiult and it seems to be doing it again. It's time for an upgrade anyway so I'll be replacing it soon.
    It's a front Adams 1310 that was put in last year so only a year on that front driveshaft and hasn't been off-road yet.

Put the hardtop back on for the first time in 2.5 months. Weather has been perfect, but it's starting to turn nasty. Went out to lunch and I had a little puddle on my front passenger side floor mat and carpet. Second time since I bought it a year ago that I've had rain infiltrate. Last time my dickhead dealer said it was user error...

Anyone have any recommendations for troubleshooting and fixing? I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out where it is coming in. I'm guessing A pillar or the front seal... Will do wet down tests tomorrow I think. I've searched the googles and this forum, it seems like most of the time this is a clogged AC but I haven't been running mine.

Thanks in advance!

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast