Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Thatís a grade 8 already? Looks like 1/2Ē ? How are you hitting 20,000 lbs of force ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    Would putting a stronger bolt be a good idea or do you think it would damage the mounts or the arm. My brother works for a bolt manufacturer that does a lot of high strength stuff of all sizes. I can see if he can get something with more sheer strength.
    I doubt it. If something is off with geometry or whatever itís probably putting the entire weight of the Jeep on one bolt. Iím just not sure why itís happening. I know a few people that havenít had any issues, some that have had a couple and others that have had a lot.

The worst part is getting that damn nut in there. The rear lowers are the worst to get in too.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    WTF? Broke another??

I should note that itís only been an issue on 2012-up JKs. Moby and anyone I know with an older JK has not had this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Mine have been breaking on an 08. Never heard it was a 2012 and up JK bigger issue. Why would that be?
    '08 JKUR 6.0LS, 6L80
    EVO DTD, Evolever w/ Hi Clearance long arms
    40x13.50R17 Nitto TGs w/ KMC Machettes
    Dana 60, Sterling 10.5
    EVO stuff
    Evo Pro & Warn Zeon
    Evo Tire Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I doubt it. If something is off with geometry or whatever itís probably putting the entire weight of the Jeep on one bolt. Iím just not sure why itís happening. I know a few people that havenít had any issues, some that have had a couple and others that have had a lot.

The worst part is getting that damn nut in there. The rear lowers are the worst to get in too.

What about a F9 bolt? I was told they are stronger then a grade 8.

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    What about a F9 bolt? I was told they are stronger then a grade 8.
    The thing about hardware is that if you don't want it to shear or break you usually go softer like a grade 5 that bends. The harder the bolts are, they are usually more brittle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dillard09 View Post
    Mine have been breaking on an 08. Never heard it was a 2012 and up JK bigger issue. Why would that be?
    Weird. I swear, if this had ever happened to me, I would have made a post about it years ago. The only people I've ever seen this happen to are guys with newer JK's. But then, we never had it happen on Rubicat.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Yeah I was thinking that as I was trying to get the damn control arm out. I didnít think you were breaking them. The shitty part is the flange nut is seized in the broken bolt.

I almost think I have a couple of those flag nuts if you need me to look

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Banned
    [QUOTE=nightcrawlerjk;853600]I'm sure we all know that jeeps never stop having problems but that's just part of the fun. Interested in seeing what went wrong this week .

For starters everyone I turn my windshield wipers off they just start to go faster, in order for them to actually turn off I have to turn my car on and off.

Let's here what wrong with your guys' rigs.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QU

Banned
    My car's radiator overheated. I was going for a road trip. Luckily I have my tools with me and some spare parts.

Started hearing a strange clicking noise coming from the front end. Doesn't matter if I'm in 2wd or 4wd. Not a consistent noise but today towing a trailer it started getting worse and the front end actually started vibrating but it went away. Almost felt like a tire out of balance. Possible hub assembly issue?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by AgBass01; 11-18-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast