Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Been Around the Block Steve Williams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    You likely bent the drag link. Straighten your steering wheel (easy and free) and see what happens. Start there.
    Thanks! Would that solve the problem of the offset between the rotational sensors? Iím not sure where they are.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Thanks! Would that solve the problem of the offset between the rotational sensors? Iím not sure where they are.

I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago. My drag link got bent upwards slightly an the steering wheel was half turned. I just center the wheel by readjusting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillin' The Most... View Post
    I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago. My drag link got bent upwards slightly an the steering wheel was half turned. I just center the wheel by readjusting it.

Roger that, thanks! Iíll take a look, I really appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Aussie View Post
    Attachment 317792

Coolant leak

Oil cooler leaking

Attachment 317793

Tie Rod and drag link loose! I can wiggle them with my hand, they move pretty easily. Recently changed the cartridges in them and they are loose again!! Canít get them to button up correctly! About to switch to Synergy set up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Same thing just happened with my steer smarts top mount no drill drag link. Less than a year old and the boot is torn. Now i have to deal with them for a replacement ball joint because it uses a proprietary ball joint. Already sent them an email and left a voicemail with no response. Ugghhh

IMG_0208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_4254.JPGIMG_4256.JPG56782124548__97132561-B2D5-4CB1-A718-151B07FC26D9.JPGIMG_4258.JPG

Rear track bar mount some what of a fix till I get a new one

Quote Originally Posted by danielk37 View Post
    IMG_4254.JPGIMG_4256.JPG56782124548__97132561-B2D5-4CB1-A718-151B07FC26D9.JPGIMG_4258.JPG

Rear track bar mount some what of a fix till I get a new one

Is that some kind of aftermarket bracket that is really long? With that much leverage it will keep breaking

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Is that some kind of aftermarket bracket that is really long? With that much leverage it will keep breaking

Ya Itís an aftermarket bracket, not sure of the brand or company. Bought the LJ with the 6inch lift and have been repairing or replacing parts because previous owner clearly didnít take care of the jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    You likely bent the drag link. Straighten your steering wheel (easy and free) and see what happens. Start there.
    I cleared the code by straightening the wheel just like you said and found the problem. One of the drag link adjustment sleeve bolts has damaged threads so the bolt will appear to be tight but the sleeve will still rotate allowing the drag link to adjustment to wander all over the place. Weird, it feels like it torqued but you can still rotate the sleeve. Explains why I haven't been able to keep the steering wheel from wandering. Guessing the alignment shop got it cross threaded ( I had her aligned after mounting the 37S) but hard to see how that could happen.

Sometime I think we love these things just because they keep us on our toes and keep us guessing. What the hell is she going to do this week? Well, its easy to fix and she's liking the snow we had in southern Arizona this week.

FB-5682.jpg

Cheers, thanks for the help.

Been Around the Block -AINOKEA-'s Avatar
    My CEL just came on on the way home. P0305, cylinder 5 misfire at only 28k miles.... such a bummer since we are supposed to be camping this weekend with my sons scout pack, and 4wd is required to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    My CEL just came on on the way home. P0305, cylinder 5 misfire at only 28k miles.... such a bummer since we are supposed to be camping this weekend with my sons scout pack, and 4wd is required to get there.

Can you just pop a new plug or coil in and fix it in time? Or are you thinking it's the head?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast