Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 534

Thread: What problems does your Jeep have this week?

  1. #471
    Been Around the Block Steve Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    You likely bent the drag link. Straighten your steering wheel (easy and free) and see what happens. Start there.
    Thanks! Would that solve the problem of the offset between the rotational sensors? Iím not sure where they are.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #472
    Hooked Chillin' The Most...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Canyon Lake, Ca
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Thanks! Would that solve the problem of the offset between the rotational sensors? Iím not sure where they are.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago. My drag link got bent upwards slightly an the steering wheel was half turned. I just center the wheel by readjusting it.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #473
    Been Around the Block Steve Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin' The Most... View Post
    I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago. My drag link got bent upwards slightly an the steering wheel was half turned. I just center the wheel by readjusting it.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Roger that, thanks! Iíll take a look, I really appreciate the help.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #474
    Hooked Turbo21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Baldwin
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Aussie View Post
    Attachment 317792

    Coolant leak

    Oil cooler leaking

    Attachment 317793

    Tie Rod and drag link loose! I can wiggle them with my hand, they move pretty easily. Recently changed the cartridges in them and they are loose again!! Canít get them to button up correctly! About to switch to Synergy set up.



    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Same thing just happened with my steer smarts top mount no drill drag link. Less than a year old and the boot is torn. Now i have to deal with them for a replacement ball joint because it uses a proprietary ball joint. Already sent them an email and left a voicemail with no response. Ugghhh

    IMG_0208.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #475
    Fresh Catch danielk37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Portland of
    Posts
    26
    IMG_4254.JPGIMG_4256.JPG56782124548__97132561-B2D5-4CB1-A718-151B07FC26D9.JPGIMG_4258.JPG

    Rear track bar mount some what of a fix till I get a new one


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #476
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    6,537
    Quote Originally Posted by danielk37 View Post
    IMG_4254.JPGIMG_4256.JPG56782124548__97132561-B2D5-4CB1-A718-151B07FC26D9.JPGIMG_4258.JPG

    Rear track bar mount some what of a fix till I get a new one


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Is that some kind of aftermarket bracket that is really long? With that much leverage it will keep breaking


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #477
    Fresh Catch danielk37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Portland of
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Is that some kind of aftermarket bracket that is really long? With that much leverage it will keep breaking


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Ya Itís an aftermarket bracket, not sure of the brand or company. Bought the LJ with the 6inch lift and have been repairing or replacing parts because previous owner clearly didnít take care of the jeep!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #478
    Been Around the Block Steve Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    You likely bent the drag link. Straighten your steering wheel (easy and free) and see what happens. Start there.
    I cleared the code by straightening the wheel just like you said and found the problem. One of the drag link adjustment sleeve bolts has damaged threads so the bolt will appear to be tight but the sleeve will still rotate allowing the drag link to adjustment to wander all over the place. Weird, it feels like it torqued but you can still rotate the sleeve. Explains why I haven't been able to keep the steering wheel from wandering. Guessing the alignment shop got it cross threaded ( I had her aligned after mounting the 37S) but hard to see how that could happen.

    Sometime I think we love these things just because they keep us on our toes and keep us guessing. What the hell is she going to do this week? Well, its easy to fix and she's liking the snow we had in southern Arizona this week.

    FB-5682.jpg

    Cheers, thanks for the help.

  9. #479
    Been Around the Block -AINOKEA-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hilo, HI
    Posts
    461
    My CEL just came on on the way home. P0305, cylinder 5 misfire at only 28k miles.... such a bummer since we are supposed to be camping this weekend with my sons scout pack, and 4wd is required to get there.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #480
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26,097
    Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    My CEL just came on on the way home. P0305, cylinder 5 misfire at only 28k miles.... such a bummer since we are supposed to be camping this weekend with my sons scout pack, and 4wd is required to get there.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Can you just pop a new plug or coil in and fix it in time? Or are you thinking it's the head?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES



    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS