What do yall think of this 78 Cherokee?

dillard09

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5994131272.html

So found this on Craigslist for sale and thought it was a nice little ride and want to see what yall think of it. The guy has had it for 3.5 years and the odometer has been at 99,999 miles so he don't know for sure how many miles it has on it. It has the 360 in it. He tell me that he has drove it almost everyday for the last 3 years. Look like the exterior is pretty clean.

Does have a few things wrong with it but definitely manageable.

What would yall think would be a price that you would feel like you got a good deal on it?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a big fan of buying modified old iron but assuming you can drive this thing home, it's a good price.

dillard09

I'm not a big fan of buying modified old iron but assuming you can drive this thing home, it's a good price.
Imiss not either but it's not something I see very often. Also thought it was a decent price for a pretty good shape.
The only thing that throws me is that he don't know the mileage.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
I would buy it. I drive by one just like that every morning and I am waiting to see a for sale sign for it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Imiss not either but it's not something I see very often. Also thought it was a decent price for a pretty good shape.
The only thing that throws me is that he don't know the mileage.

LOL!! Oh, don't let that throw you off. What ever is showing on the odometer, just assume it's rolled at least once. Assuming it still has the original 360 under the hood, it'll be a good motor to work with.

Ddays

Hooked
Oh man! I want one of these 2-door Cherokee's so bad...I've been looking occasionally over here but there's really only a few that pop-up from time to time.
The problem we have with with these (and any vehicle of 70's vintage) is rust. finding one of these without filler is damn near impossible.

I wish I had input on the pricing out there but honestly, over here that would be a good price if the body's straight & clean. Hope it works out & you get it!

dillard09

LOL!! Oh, don't let that throw you off. What ever is showing on the odometer, just assume it's rolled at least once. Assuming it still has the original 360 under the hood, it'll be a good motor to work with.
He says the only work done to motor, tranny, and Axle is that he put a new Edelbrock 4 barrel on it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He says the only work done to motor, tranny, and Axle is that he put a new Edelbrock 4 barrel on it.

Am I reading this right, you're in SoCal and this thing is in TX? If so, you WILL have problems getting it to pass smog. If I recall, exemption is 1975 and older.

dillard09

Am I reading this right, you're in SoCal and this thing is in TX? If so, you WILL have problems getting it to pass smog. If I recall, exemption is 1975 and older.
Good eye Eddie. I split my time between Socal and Texas. This thing would be registered in Texas and spend most of the time in Texas.

Top Bottom